Review Blitz - How ethics can help you make better decisions | Teen Ink

Review Blitz - How ethics can help you make better decisions

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

How Ethics Can Help You Make Better Decisions was a speech given on TedTalk. It's truly inspiring and interesting at the same time. The speaker, Michael Schur, the writer of 'The Good Place' hooks the listeners from the very first line. His speech showed his own personal experience to make the speech more engaging and deep for the listeners. He also adds some comdey into it to spice some things up from time to time.

Michael Schur gives a speech about how ethics made his life much better and easier. He conveyed that even if ethics might not help everything, it does help us succeed better and develop good, maintainable relationships which is the best thing that anything can do.

My favorite quotes from this speech were, "Don't applaud that because that's the happy result of a bad event" and "Understanding ethical theories is how we increase our chances of success at simply being human beings who have to negotiate with other human beings. And to me, there is nothing more important than that". Those quotes were inspiring and such a bold thing to say to everyone.

If you do end up watching it on TedTalk, here are some questions for you to think about, 1. Would you do the right thing even if it's a disadvantage to you? Why? 2. How are ethics important to you life? How does it impact you?

This speech was really good and full of information as well as humor. I loved how everything was in order from point A to B and the speaker introduced the topic in a easily understandable way which made me follow along better. Why don't you have a look at it?