Review Blitz - Okay to Tell | Teen Ink

Review Blitz - Okay to Tell

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

Okay to Tell, spoken by Emely Recinos is a speech that I've enjoyed hearing. I've noticed that the speaker would use humor and irony to adress a serious situation to make the crowd engage better in the speech and listen carefully. My favorite quote in the speech was, "I kind of realized that my brother is really present in my life. He's not just in the background" in 3:58. It was so sweet because that was when the main character realized her mistake in thinking that her brother didn't matter to her and fixed it.

This speech was about the speaker's eye condition that slowly makes her eye grow blind. In the end, she says that she should start telling people about her condition and not only keep it to herself. That's where the title, 'Okay to Tell' comes from. The theme of this speech was woven clearly throughout the speech. It's okay to tell someone what you're going through. You don't have to keep everything to yourself. They'll understand. The moral of the speech was so nice and beautiful so it was worth listening to.

These are a few more questions for you to think about if you've listened to it - 1. If you are in a troubling situation, then who will you first head to? 2. How will you help a friend, family, or anyone if they tell your their own troubles?

This speech was really amazing and it conveyed a good and satisfying theme to the listeners at the end which was great. You can hear this story in 'The Moth', which publishes stories and speeches very frequently.