Zoom Zoom | Teen Ink

Zoom Zoom

By RACECAR2 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
RACECAR2 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

Mazda’s motto is ‘zoom zoom’—and their cars do just that—while also being quite reliable. I have a 2013 Mazda 3. It is fast and the features it has to offer make driving the car safe and convenient. 

Now I did mention speed and while it is zippy with a 7.9 second 0-60 time and a top speed of 130 MPH(without a governor), it’s not that fast but it’s faster than most of its 4 cylinder engine competitors. It is equipped with a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine producing 155 horsepower and I thought that this didn’t seem that fast on paper but this is just enough power to put you back in your seat and have a fun ride.

To mention some features, one of them includes blind spot mirrors that have a little light that turns on every time there is a car in your blind spot; even if you don’t see the light the car will beep at you if you turn on your blinker to move into the lane of the car in your blind spot. I find this extremely helpful and it has even saved me a few times from almost accidentally cutting off another car. 

Another feature that this car offers is push to start technology. You can start your car just by pushing a button as well as buttons located on both the front door handles that allow you to lock and unlock your car. These features make my life so much easier because my keys are usually buried in my pocket and it takes a good amount of time for me to dig them out. Also half of the time I am entering my vehicle I am carrying something, so the buttons on the sides of the doors make it very useful to just click and I don't have to set anything down. 

The car also comes equipped with Bose speakers with adjustable base and treble that make listening to music in my car equivalent to the experience of watching a movie in the theaters rather than at home. 

I mentioned reliability. This car gets a mile per gallon of up to 28 city and 40 highway. Adding on to that I have had this car from brand new 2013 to now accumulating about 115,000 miles on it and it has never broken down on me and it has never had any engine problems at all. 

In all honesty I would highly recommend this car because it’s fast, reliable, and it has all the necessary safety features that you may need for a good price. My 2013 Mazda 3 brand new in 2013 was selling for about 12,000 and that is not a lot at all for everything that you get for it.