Super 8 Not To Great | Teen Ink

Super 8 Not To Great

By BAM0990 BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
BAM0990 BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

What you expect most from a hotel: a heartwarming stay. The Super 8 Hotel, nothing but uncomfortability and concern. It’s an experience not worth your money. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! Be smart; select from other nearby hotels. As we walked in the night before our state track meet located in Lacrosse, we were immediately faced with a line of nearly fifteen individuals stacked up on top of each other waiting to be checked in. As we waited, those working at the front desk appeared to be operating very slowly. Inching closer, voices of disagreement became noticeable. Conflict already??

Nearly fifteen minutes after standing in line, we finally got handed our key and were on our way to our room. The halls permeated with cigarette odor. But trust me, it got worse. Entering our room expecting anything other than what we’ve experienced. Dropping my bags, I went to wash my hands. Yet that's not an option. There was no soap, leaving me no way to cleanse my hands. I was all on my own with the need of using the bathroom. Yet the toilet wouldn't flush with smells continuing to arise. Leaving the bathroom and being just steps from my bed, I looked down; stunned. Blood stains and hair laying within my eyes. Disgust!

So my dad’s natural instinct was to dial down to the front desk. Thankfully, they answered and apologized for the unpleasant occurrences and informed us a member would be up shortly to clean. What a mess. Realizing we'd have to exit our room and wait seemed uncalled for. Entering for a second time, we had nothing but doubt. I questioned myself if the room was now properly cleaned. Yet, the deployed tornado continued to wind. “Crunch Crunch.” Looking down, only to wonder what would be next. Bugs: multiple. My brand new Ultra Boost now covered in guts.

Beginning at that very moment, we were done, and fed up with such a disaster. Complete chaos that had no interest in being solved. So, we gathered our necessities and began on our way. Plugging our nose, we avoided any possible intake of cigarette stench as we seeked for fresh air. My parents soon marching to the front desk, saying “We want a refund immediately.” But finding the way we’ve been treated already, no such action was taken. We left as disappointed as a child not getting his favorite teddy bear for Christmas. The Super 8, a name greatly underserved for such an experience.

My piece is a review about the Super 8 Hotel located in Lacrosse, Wisconsin that I and my family stayed at during our state track meet.