Senso Sensory Brick Necklace | Teen Ink

Senso Sensory Brick Necklace

Did you know the mouth is one of the most sensory parts of the body? This also makes it the most effective way to regulate our behavior, and the behavior of children with sensory processing issues. Sensory tools such as chewable necklaces are effective for children who are orally defensive and fussy eaters. (Senso Minds 2021). Some benefits of a chew necklace are, sensory stimulating & soothing and to help children with sensory disorders reach developmental milestones.

I wanted to research my Senso necklace for more information. I needed to know if it was made from rubber, plastic or silicone. So I discovered the Senso Minds website sensominds.com. From the website, I learned that the necklace was actually made from 100% non-toxic, safe & FDA compliant food, grade silicone. That’s why I can’t rip it apart! Not only, can’t I rip it apart, I tried to bite some of the little circles off of the front of it and I couldn’t because that too is made of silicone. I also have a pencil topper made from the same material. Plus, it is hollow on the inside but it feels like it’s solid. There’s so many added benefits to using the sensory brick chew necklace and pencil topper. First it can improve focus in sensory students. Second, it can help strengthen oral motor and facial muscles for a child with these weaknesses. Third, it can support speech development and fourth, it can help filter incoming sensory information. But most of all it’s a better alternative to chewing the top of a pencil or chewing on a shirt. It is safe for children of all ages.

Aside from all the benefits, it comes in six colors, red, green, blue, yellow, orange and purple. I have a blue necklace and an orange pencil topper. I could use them every day if I wanted to. There is no dispute that these necklaces are a fundamental piece of a sensory student’s school supply. The ratings show that 17/17 people have given it five stars.

In conclusion, I would like to personally add to the ratings by giving it 5 stars, because it benefits me. If you have a student with a sensory disability, I highly recommend visiting the Senso Minds website to order your student a pack of necklaces today. You will not regret it!!

I was born premature, by three months only weighing 1 pound 8 ounces. I have sensory disabilities. At times, it is difficult for me to pay attention to my school work. I have utencils that help me through out the day to stay focused.