Topgolf: The High-tech Driving Range Everyone Should Visit | Teen Ink

Topgolf: The High-tech Driving Range Everyone Should Visit

May 10, 2019
By arrowheadstudent22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
arrowheadstudent22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When my parents told me we were going to Topgolf when I was in Scottsdale, Arizona, I felt the visit would be a complete waste of my time. I was not sure what to expect, but I definitely did not picture a huge, multistory, technology infused driving range.

The three story driving range is full of different targets on the ground that give the golfer points based on distance and accuracy. Each story has a large number of “bays” that six people can golf at. The guests enter their names on a tablet in the bay and select one of nine game options to play. These different options give players new objectives and keep the game interesting for everyone. You do not need to be a golf prodigy to have a great time a Topgolf.

The food at Topgolf was a highlight of my experience. We enjoyed wings, chips and salsa, and a mouthwatering gluten-friendly flat bread. Adults can enjoy a huge assortment of alcoholic beverages and can customize their own beer buckets, an option my dad and his friend took advantage of. All refreshments and food items are brought to the bay for the customers to enjoy while waiting for their turn to golf.

The workers at Topgolf were incredibly polite and helpful. They were constantly checking up on us to see if we needed refills or to extend our playing time. One of the adults at my bay accidently let go of his club mid swing and sent it flying down onto the range. He informed the worker who just laughed and quickly returned with a new 5 iron.

The only complaints I have about Topgolf are the prices and wait time. The price for the bay rental varies by the time of day. If you go before noon it is $25 per hour, noon till 5pm is $35 per hour, and 5pm to close is $45 per hour. The cost of the bay along with the purchase of food and drinks can make the trip very pricy. Additionally, guests may have to wait for a bay to open up. However, guests can wait at the bar or enjoy activities like giant jenga and bags to pass the time.

I would give Topgolf 4.5/5 stars. It is an outstanding location to spend time with friends, colleagues, or family. The food, service, and atmosphere was exceptional. As for the invigorating golf games and amazing high tech range, I just wish I could have thought of it first. Topgolf is one of the best new franchises out there and I can guarantee that Topgolf will be seeing me again.