Lebron 15 Low | Teen Ink

Lebron 15 Low

April 17, 2019
By blazer24 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
blazer24 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Beginning

Being a teenager playing basketball, the most exciting time of the year is when the season approaches and picking basketball shoes becomes a new priority. This year, the Lebron 15 Low’s were Nike’s newer kicks that gained popularity, and fast. These shoes are some of my favorite, and overall one of the best shoes I’ve worn.

Traction

The Lebron 15 low’s have changed the game in new materials and the way the shoe is designed. The shoe uses a cleat-like grip with small rubber diamond spikes that are implemented to make running and stopping easier and more efficient. Playing laterally, there is a noticeable difference in the speed at which you can decelerate and stop, proving the new design of the diamonds to be powerful. While playing in a gym that gets used more, the dust on the floor starts to affect the grip of the shoe, which is completely normal for most basketball shoes.

Comfort

The low top shoe has changed the all rubber material to a new, more comfortable and springier sole. The front of the shoe is still used with the clear material, but the back has now been upgraded to an AirMax cushion that allows for the ultimate comfort when running. While playing, I was flabbergasted when I walked away from my first practice without the usual pain of a new basketball shoe – pleased with this result. I never have had any blisters or discomfort from this shoe and I feel the shoe is light and flexible.

Fit

Having long and narrow feet, this shoe is the perfect width and works great with the laced being hooked onto the main fabric of the shoe. This makes the user able to tighten the shoe as much as they would like/need to. I ordered them in a size 9 Men’s and they fit like a glove. I have had no problems with the fit of the shoe.

Look

This season, Nike came out with somewhat monotone colors for this shoe, which I absolutely love. I got the Ashy Grey and Black/White speck shoes and they are beautiful to look at. The material is a moderately stretchy fabric to cover to foot but doesn’t make you feel like you are only wearing a sock. I haven’t had any major problems with the shoe ripping, but I have had problems with the laces. I tend to tie my shoes decently tight so after a season of wearing one of the pairs, the laces ripped in half, a problem I’ve had with other Nike basketball shoes like KD’s.

 

Overall

The Lebron 15 Low is a great shoe and can be worn by a variety of people across the board, even for $100-$150. It is by far one of my favorite shoes and would be one that I could easily choose again for a new season. It provides stability, even with the low top, great lateral support, and offers a sense of style while being able to play. I would definitely recommend this shoe.