Ohuhu Markers | Teen Ink

Ohuhu Markers

By AnnahE SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
AnnahE SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

As a young artist, it's difficult to find inexpensive and quality art supplies. Struggling to get to the local craft store, and when you do get there you only have a couple of dollars. Most art supplies cost quite a bit of money, so a couple of dollars won’t get you far.

Ohuhu markers are a great solution to the young artist’s problem. A set of 60 cost around $21.00 compared to Copic Markers of about the same quality that cost around $100.00. Ohuhu markers are easy to find at most craft stores and the price is always about the same. If you save up your money for a little while you can buy these markers and have no remorse.
Alcohol-based and non-toxic, Ohuhu markers are a safe and easy utensil to use when adding color to your drawings. Because they are alcohol based they are simple to blend and you always get the color you want. There is even a marker that helps blend two shades or colors that are difficult to blend. All that you do is glide the marker over the area that you need to blend, slow and accurate swipes seem to work best. Like most markers, they tend to bleed to the edges of your drawing and through the paper. Be sure not to push too hard and always keep a sheet or two of paper behind your page.
Vibrant and ranging in shades you get a variety of options to chose from when adding ink to your art. The sets are random so each time you get a new one, you’ll likely get some colors you’ve never tried before. The sets also include a color key that corresponds to the numbers printed on the caps of the double-ended markers. One side thin and the other thick so you can get your details and your large areas.
If you buy a set with a damaged or less than perfect marker, Ohuhu will either give you a refund or new marker of the same color for free. There is certainly no risk with these markers, making it a triumph for the young artist.

The nibs are also replaceable and the marker ink refillable. If your marker dries out simply get a new set of nibs for a small amount of money. If you notice that you're running low on ink, pick up a bottle for a minuscule fee.

As an artist myself I understand the crisis of expensive and less than quality supplies, Ohuhu markers are the perfect solution.

These are some really nice markers.