The Three Day Transformation | Teen Ink

The Three Day Transformation

By noahfisher3 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
noahfisher3 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

"Anything less than your best is the sacrifice of gift."-Steve Prefontaine

The writing titled “The Three Day Transformation,” written by Sean Chen, talks about the calmness and peacefulness of nation. Nature is beautiful. It comes in all different shapes and sizes, from rolling country fields of corn and beans, all the way to heavily dense forest in the mountains. Chen mentions how the pain of hiking in his legs is the greatest feeling. He says, “The seething pain surged from calf to thigh.” You would think, how could someone enjoy pain? However, pain can be one of the greatest feelings. All that pain that Chen experienced went away when he reached the top of the hill. He states, “The reward, however, transforms this temporary hell into permanent heaven.” The surrealness of being within nature is so relaxing to the body’s soul. All of the stresses in your life extinguish from your body. Every time that I go out for the run, I get that same addicting feeling that Chen talks about. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to let that feeling go. And for that reason, I whole-heartily love being outside within nature.