Acura RSX | Teen Ink

Acura RSX

December 18, 2018
By fenske BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
fenske BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't be a prick


The Acura RSX is a 2 door sport hatchback has some good features, but was an overall disappointment in performance.  This car appeals to consumers from a first glance. In fact my first impression of this car when I was at the dealership, Car King in Milwaukee, was that it was a very attractive car it has some eye appeal, and that was the reason I bought it.  I was disappointed though the RSX looks much faster than it really is, it’s not slow, but I was expecting it to perform as good as they made it look; In addition, the RSX had a very low quality interior.

Nearly every feature of the RSX is standard inside and out.  The gas mileage you with this car is about average which is around 27 city and 34 on the highway, no complaints there.  The engine is as standard as a Honda Civic, because the engine is a Civic engine; the RSX is basically a better looking version of a 2 door Civic.  The front of the cars if you compare both 2004 models are about identical. This is understandable because Acura parts and Honda part both go down the same production line.  

This car is listed as a near luxury car, but riding in this car to me is anything but luxury.  Every bump you will feel and hear, every turn will shift you in your seat more than it should. To me that is the biggest downfall of the car the suspension is very stiff, in the 2004 model it’s was so terrible that Acura had many complaints about it so they changed it in the 05 model. If you go over a bump to fast your tire will pop I would know because it has happened to me 3 times.  The NHTSA, gave the RSX an average safety rating of collisions on all sides a 4.5 out of 5, so the safety is a good part to having this car. This car is not a car you want in the winter it is very unpleasant to be in, it does not handle safely in snow and it does not heat up.

The Acura RSX is a good looking car on the outside but looking deeper into the car it is not as attractive as the outside looks.  The ride quality is so low quality that it ruins it to be in the car the cause of a very poor suspension system. After using this car as an everyday driver for a year, it is not a car I would recommend to someone they should should buy it.


The author's comments:

I own this car