Job of My Dreams | Teen Ink

Job of My Dreams

Whenever you see a nice car or custom car with a really nice paint job, do you ever wonder how they made it look so good? Its because someone has put lots of time into the body work and lots of time prepping and actually painting the car. This has always interested me since I was a little kid and that is why I am going to school for auto body and going to pursue my dream job of being an auto body technician. Auto body repair consists of repairing scratches, scuffs, and dents to vehicle damage caused by collisions and major accidents. Auto body is my dream job because it has always interested me my whole life, it is a challenging job, and being an auto body technician consists of doing lots of other things besides just sanding and painting.

I have been interested in auto body ever since I was a little kid and have been around vehicles. I remember always talking with my brothers and friend on how we were going to own a shop and we would all have different skills in the shop and mine would be the painter and body man. Ever since I could talk and was around the garage with my dad I always wanted to be a painter. I always loved watching shows on tv about cars and always thinking about how cool it would be to paint and repair vehicles for a living. One of my favorite things to do was go to car shows and look around at all the different vehicles with really nice paint jobs. I remember always asking my dad if there were car shows going on every weekend. I always loved going to car shows because it was fun looking at all the cars but my favorite part was seeing all the really nice cars with perfect paint jobs. Also my dad's friends have lots of cool cars and I loved going to their shops and looking around at all there stuff. I remember always talking to people about my dream job and they thought it was awesome but always told me it takes a lot of time and work to get everything lined up really good and make it so it will look really good. So there are some reasons on why being an auto body technician is my dream job.

A lot of people do not know how much work actually has to go into painting a car to make it look really good. Many people don't realize how much prep work has to go into a vehicle before you can just start painting. They think that all you have to do is know how to use a spray gun and then just tape off all the windows and other stuff you don’t want to get paint on. There is lots of other work that needs to be done before you can just go and paint a car. There is lots of prep work that needs to be done and there's even a good amount of work that needs to be done after you have painted the car. You need to make sure you have no dents and make sure everything is very straight. Then you need to prime and block sand everything again to make sure there is no little dents or any little scratches. Then once you think everything is looking good you can start painting. Once you are done painting there is lots of work that needs to be done also. You need to take all the tape and masking paper off that you used and then put all the parts and trim back on that was taken off before you started painting. The most important part of making a car look good is sanding all the dirt and dust out of the paint and then buffing the car back out until it has a very glossy finish. Those are some of the steps to painting a car and some of the reasons why I find this job very interesting and why it's my dream job. Those are only some of the things that auto body technicians do on the job but there are lots more of different stuff that they do also.

A auto body technician does more than just sanding and painting, there is lots of different stuff that you learn and do while being a auto body technician. One major thing that auto body technicians have to do is be able to weld. There is lots of welding that needs to be done while being a auto body technician. One example would be when you have to cut out a rust spot and weld in a new patch panel. Another thing you learn while being a auto body technician is how to give customers estimates on there vehicles. Estimating costs of vehicle damage is a very important part of auto body. If you don't know what you're doing your estimate may come out to high in cost which would lose business because other shops will probably do it for a lower costs. Also you could give to low of a estimate and then end up losing money on the repair or not making very much. Those were a couple examples of things that an auto body technicians may have to do as part of their job. The main reason why this is my dream job is because of the variety of work that auto body technicians get to do on the job.

Auto body has been my dream job since i can remember. A reason why it has always been my dream job is because I have always been interested in it my whole life. Another reason why i want it as my dream job is because it is a very challenging job and takes lots of work to get everything perfect. One more reason why i love this job is because you don't do the same thing every day, there is lots of different stuff you can do other than just sand and paint. There are also many more reasons other than that this job has interested me since I was a kid, it is a challenging job, and there are many different things that you do while being an auto body technician on why being an auto body technician has always been my dream job.

A essay about my future.