Why Soccer Is One of the Most Difficult Sports | Teen Ink

Why Soccer Is One of the Most Difficult Sports

February 13, 2015
By Gucci-McMuffins BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
Gucci-McMuffins BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A kid named Gucci Mcmuffins went to school just like a normal day. He was wearing his favorite shirt, the barcelona jersey. He was in science class when this kid was asking him what was his favorite sport, he said soccer (futball). The kid that asked him the question said “ wow that sport is for wussies”. Then Gucci said “ what are you talking about there are just as many injuries in soccer a year as in football. The other kid was like yay right. Then gucci said “ you're the ones that are wussies you have to wear pads to protect yourself, in soccer the only pads are in your shins”. The other kid said “yah thats because we get tackled and tuff. Butt then Gucci was like “ then what about rugby they get tackled and they don't wear pads, and the past 12 years there has been 70 deaths in soccer and every other sport doesn't even get close to 10. Also soccer has more concussions than football” The other kid got mad and walked away.

When this one kid went to school there People think that soccer is girly because there is no physical contact but there is, For instance there was this one soccer game where this soccer player Dani Alves was running with the ball and, and another player from the opposing team called pepe tacked him and another one kicked him in mid air. He had to leave the game because he was gravely injured. And just last weak a player tried to head the ball and fell on his butt and broke it.

          While people think that basketball and football and other sports are the most difficult sport and soccer is easy but its not. While people think that catching a football from far is hard, try catching the soccer ball with your foot over the entire field over 50 miles an hour. Although it is hard trying to juke through people in football, try juking him with your body while dribbling with the ball on your foot running full speed with no pads, other than shin pads. Dribbling takes lots of skill, for instance you need lots of agility, Although you need that in basketball and football, try having good agility while the ball is on your foot. passing in football can be hard but try having precise aiming with you foot.

People think that soccer is girly and no one gets hurt, But in the sport of hockey in the professional league there has been 2 deaths the past 12 years, but soccer has had 70 deaths the past 12 years. Also soccer is one of the sport that has the most injuries in the professional league.

Knowing that soccer can be a dangerous sport there are many ways that people can take percussion. In soccer people can tackle, slide tackle, push bump and kick, butt there are many ways to prevent it. While in the game, just like professional players before they get the ball they look around everywhere to see where the opponents are. Another way to prevent from getting a broken bone or bruise is when the opponent is coming towards you from the any angle you have to move fast with the ball to the east or west of the opponent to cut him off and prevent an injury.