One Offseason Makes A Difference | Teen Ink

One Offseason Makes A Difference

January 20, 2014
By Austin Konen SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Austin Konen SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Milwaukee Bucks have been around the league for quite some time now. They've had some successful teams and some teams have been average. This is the first year they’ve done horribly. I’m actually very embarrassed to be a fan of them this year.

The Bucks last year had 38 wins and 44 losses, but they made the playoffs and they were led by the three-man threat of Larry Sanders, Brandon Jennings, and Monta Ellis. They were the fastest team in the league because they had such quick guards.

They made the playoffs because of those three players. But in the first round of the playoffs, they got embarrassed and lost all four of the playoff games and were eliminated from the playoffs.

Later in that offseason, they lost both of their best players. They lost Ellis to free agency and they traded Jennings because he was asking for too much money so they figured they'd get some talent for him and they traded for Brandon Knight.

Later in that offseason, they signed shooting guard O.J. Mayo and small forward Caron Butler in hopes to have a successful season. But that plan didn’t work out. The Bucks are a horrible seven wins and thirty one losses this season. They have a rising star in Knight and rising star in Giannis Antetokunmpo who is 18 years and still growing, he was drafted at 6’9 and he is now 6’10 ¼.

The Bucks are just getting outplayed this year because they have young players and the young players need to develop before they can make an impact in the NBA.

But because they are doing so bad this year, they have a chance to get the #1 pick in the next NBA draft. The next draft class is coming from college is one of the best because each of the top five picks in the draft could turn out to be a franchise player like Lebron James.

Even though the Bucks are doing horribly this year, in a couple of years, the Bucks may be a threat in the Eastern conference because they will have their young players developed and they will have a couple of good draft picks to build on.