Softball<3 | Teen Ink

Softball<3

By MADavis ELITE, Kentland, Indiana
MADavis ELITE, Kentland, Indiana

I would have to say that softball is my most favorite sport that I play out of basketball and volleyball. I just love to be out on the field and playing with my friends to win the game and get dirty and play hard while doing it. I am the pitcher on my team and I wouldn’t give that spot up for anything because I love everything about it and I feel like the game depends on me when I’m up at the mound because it’s my job to throw a strike so the other team can hit the ball and my team can field it and make the play to get the other team out. I love going out to that mound and just doing my windup and making that ball into play and knowing it’s all because I made a good pitch for someone to hit.
After my team gets three outs I run into the dugout and I get my helmet on and cheer my team on to make bat on ball so we can run those bases like we own them and make runs. When I get up to that batter’s box to hit the ball, I get really focused and I think to myself I can do this, I can do this and when the one good pitch comes I swing that bat really hard and make contact with that ball and let it fly. As it fly’s I take off to the first base because I know I have hit the ball and I run with all I got make it there. There are times where I don’t make it because the other team catches my ball or fields the ball to get me out but I know I tried my hardest and my coach will be proud of me for making contact on the ball. At the end of the game after I know I did my best to give it all I got I feel good because I know I gave the team my whole effort even if we didn’t win.
Softball isn’t all about winning because in the end you’re not gonna remember your wins or your losses the struggles you had or the mistakes you made, what you’re gonna remember most is the team you played for and the teammates you played with. There’s just always that plus of you win the game because it makes you feel like together as a team you did great and worked your best!