Which Season | Teen Ink

Which Season

By Megan Schmitt BRONZE, Commack, New York
Megan Schmitt BRONZE, Commack, New York

Do I like the cold wind in my face, the board attached to my feet and the rush I get as I speed down my favorite mountain? Or do I like the anticipation of getting my yearend report card, completing another grade, and the excitement of my summer to come? Or is it the warm sun on my skin and the carefree time I will spend with my friends? Or is it the new soccer season, my new friends, and the upcoming school year?

I must admit that the cold wind in my face, the board attached to my feet, and the rush I get when I speed down my favorite mountain is the winter-my favorite season. I started snowboarding at 10 years old and have gone to several places, all of which I have enjoyed immensely. Beaver Creek, Colorado is where I first learned how to snowboard. The snow in my pants, the sore tale bone, the humiliation, and the fright was just beginning of my love for snowboarding. My Aunt Deborah, one of the most generous and fun loving person I’ve ever met was kind enough to introduce me to my new passion.

Added to the excitement of that first trip was the fact that I only walked three feet from my limo to a private jet with a living room, dining room and bedroom. Only the rich and famous could afford a vacation at this place. Baseball players and Soap Opera stars where among many of the other guests. I was escorted to my room where the bathroom was a big as my bedroom at home and the snack fridge had an endless supply of treats. “How much is that?” was not part of my vocabulary that whole week. I must admit that was all unforgettable but having a lineup of professional instructors to choose from each day for seven days straight was the best. That is how I came to love snowboarding. Hence, winter has become my all time favorite season.

I love doing things I love, and i assume that everyone else does too. Everyones likes and dislikes are different, that's what gives someone their unique personalities. This paper shows my opinion on which season I like the most and why.

BoArD-GiRl said...
BoArD-GiRl, Union City, Pennsylvania
winter is the best season.

i love gettin on my board and coasting down until i fall. its such a rush!