Little Switzerland Ski Hill Review | Teen Ink

Little Switzerland Ski Hill Review

December 18, 2018
By Kevinp SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Kevinp SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No"


Hearing the reviews, seeing the pictures, looking at the dimentions,  I thought this was going to be the worst skiing experience of my life.  I’ve been skiing since I was 5 and racing since I was 13, I grew up skiing in the UP and now ‘I’m going to a garbage mound in the middle of Wisconsin.’  My expectations were at an all time low, but I went anyway. After taking a few runs, at Little Switzerland ski hill in Slinger WI, I realized I was so wrong.  

They had runs for everyone on the hill to enjoy.  They had more advanced runs for the people that have been skiing longer.  They also had terrain park runs and amazing beginner and intermediate runs for everyone to enjoy.  Which is very similar to what they have in the UP, but the runs are a bit shorter.

Not only do they have an amazing hill but they also have good prices for season tickets starting at $300. And with the season ticket you would be able to ski at The Rock and Nordic Mountain for free too. Also their food and concessions is amazing.  They have a lower cafeteria area and a restaurant area upstairs. Downstairs it’s more of a fried and on the go food. Such as hamburgers, chicken tenders, and cheese curds.  And upstairs is where you dine, food options ranging from pizza and nachos to steak and ribs. But most hamburgers are around $5 and their cheese curds are $4 and drinks can range from $2-$6.

Also they have a really welcoming and helpful staff. They are always super nice to you when getting food, they engage in conversation and ask how the hill is.  And their ski patrol is always making sure we stay safe and have fun, by making sure no one is being a hazard to other people.  Their lift operators are always creating conversation, and their park crew always keeps the jumps and rails up to date.

Although Little Switz is amazing there are a few problems.  Their food is so expensive you almost have to stop at a fast food place before you come there.  Also the lines for the lifts tend to be long but they combat that with high speed rope tows.

Often times when you think of Little Switzerland ski hill you think about all the good times you have with friends and family.  There isn’t any bad memories to have when your there. This ski hill shines above all others because of the community, the quality of the hill and the great lodging.