Top 5 Reasons Soccer Is the Best Team Sport Ever | Teen Ink

Top 5 Reasons Soccer Is the Best Team Sport Ever

November 1, 2018
By Anonymous


Top 5 reasons why soccer is the best team sport ever.

According to the Statistics Portal, over 800,000 high school students are playing soccer just in the United States.
Soccer was invented in the 19th century by England but some people say that the chinese invented it centuries before.

1.Everyone loves it

Everyone loves to either watch or maybe even play soccer. Soccer is a team sport that requires a plan and lots of talent and skill. Their is nothing to hate about soccer and I personally don't know anybody who hates soccer. Soccer is one of those sports were you need a good team and you need to learn hot to communicate and how to score as many goals as you can.

2.Its very popular

Soccer is the most popular and know sport, because according to Fifa, around 265 million people are actively involved in soccer around the world. The World cup final alone was watched by 562 million people according to statistics.

3. The Fans

The support that soccer gets is insane, in fact soccer has more fans worldwide than even football. Some fans take it too far, some spray paint their whole body with the colors of their team and some even run into the field even if they know that they will get in trouble with the authorities. A team is only as good as their fans.

4. Competition

Soccer has many competitions over the years, for example the Golden items you get for being the best of the best and even the world cup. The world cup is an international competition in which many countries compete for the trophy and glory. The golden ball and the golden glove are given to the best football player and the best football goalie.

5. Injuries

In soccer you are less likely to get injured than in any other sport. According to the High School Sports Related Injury Surveillance Study 2006, football players have the highest injuries with 4.36 injuries per 1000 players while soccer had 2.46 injuries per 1000 soccer players.


The author's comments:

My name is Juan Garcia im from chicago illinos and i attend Eric Solorio Academy high school.