The World Needs A Hero | Teen Ink

The World Needs A Hero

By Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

The world needs a hero, it’s waiting with bloody wounds for a savior. Those who deny the truth of this statement have met their first folly. They believe in a lie, in the lie that this world is all there is and that there is no higher Evil, nor any higher Good. So they simply do not believe that there is a problem.

This problem is Evil. Evil lives in secret places. It likes to don the beautiful guise of Lust, Gluttony, and Vanity. It likes to acquire treasure to placate its Greed. Well all this is well and good, until the ones who suffer for it cry out to the One Who Saves. And then God help the poor wretch who thought he was worth a thousand starving children.

The world needs a hero. It hasn’t always been this way. Once you could walk alone at night without fearing the dark. The dark existed, but it did not have a name yet. And then along came doubt, the root of it all. Doubt of what? Precisely. Doubt of what indeed? After all, there is not question, there is no problem, there is no God.

So why do I cry out to a mute, deaf, maimed god? Surely He must be so, if He were real. Surely what I’m feeling—pain, rage, loss—cannot be a result of a loving God. Surely if He were real He would care enough to take it away. So I do not believe in a higher Good. And it follows that there is no higher Evil.

There is no higher Evil. The suffering I see around me is just the result of losing the Game. Survival of the fittest. Who is the fittest? Is there truly One who does not suffer? Is there a Fittest Of Us All? Evolution says there is. My Bible says there is. But I do not believe in the Bible. So I believe you cannot know the Truth. You cannot know why there is suffering, there just IS.

There’s no problem if there is no Cause. There’s no solution if there is no Problem.

Except that if there is no problem, why do we search for an answer? Pray tell, where does suffering come from? It is inherent, as the world would tell us? Surely it comes from somewhere. Does not a newborn live in bliss before it is born into the world? So how is it that the moment it’s born it comes into the world screaming? Screaming for what?

WHAT ARE WE SCREAMING FOR?

The world has, and always will be, screaming for a Savior. Maybe we need to stop screaming and look around for once. He came. He saw our suffering. He killed Evil itself, but to do that, He had to suffer as well. He looked Death in the face and lived to tell the tale. The one thing all succumb to, he defeated. He truly is the Fittest Of Us All.

So you see, there really is no Problem. Death is a lie. There is only the Solution.

Thank you Jesus. You are my hero.

GreyGirl ELITE said...
on May. 12 2013 at 12:00 am
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
Good persuasive essay. Good imagery. Nice job :) 5 stars

Gwen_Elizabeth BRONZE, Fishers, Indiana

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
-Dr. Seuss

I LOVE IT, LOVEY! sooooo good, Cal! I couldn't agree more! that's my bestie for ya! :)

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I WAS a little confused at first as well, but I understood it somewhat more by the end... C: Good job, as always! I absolutely will always envy your vocab!!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Aww, thanks! Your feedback is appreciated :)

Roelle BRONZE said...
Roelle BRONZE, Columbus, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Tis better to loved and lost, then to never loved at all"

very nice. glad there are some people on here who dont just gab about this Boy/Girl. but some speak the truth Thank you!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Haha, thank you :) you were supposed to be a little confused at the beginning :P

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Yeah, thanks! That's really what it was, more artistic than anything. Just didn't know what category to out it in. Thanks for commenting breece! :)

TargonTheDragon GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri

First dentistry was painless.
Then bicycles were chainless,
Carriages were horseless,
And many laws enforceless.

Next cookery was fireless,
Telegraphy was wireless,
Cigars were nicotineless,
And coffee caffeineless.

Soon oranges were seedless,
The putting green was weedless,
The college boy was hatless,
The proper diet fatless.

New motor roads are dustless,
The latest steel is rustless,
Our tennis courts are sodless,
Our new religion — godless.

i was a little wary when you said "i do not believe in a higher good" but by the end i understood your writing. i think it was well written. i encourage you to contiue this sort of expression:)

MagusEceerb SILVER, Buttville, South Carolina
Great!    I like the use of capitalization, reminds me of Emily Dickenson to be honest :P    I understand that this is your opinion, but I prefer to read it more as an expression of your feelings than anything else.   In other words, if you don't mind, I'm going to enjoy it for its artistic and literary beauty rather than seeing it as an argument (which would incline me to respond :P)   Great work!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Lol thanks!!

Literature_Darling GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

"To live is the rarest thing of all. Most people exsist and that is all." ~Oscar Wilde
"I am a writer quite by accident, the way one my fall and rip a hole in their jeans." ~Blogger H. B. Sachs

Perfection! I love its passion and truth! Soli Deo Gloria!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Thanks scar :)

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

that is beautiful! i esp. love the authors note. :)