God, Not Religion | Teen Ink

God, Not Religion

December 6, 2011
By forever_an_artist BRONZE, Mint Hill, North Carolina
forever_an_artist BRONZE, Mint Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 25 comments

There is a huge misconception today, and I would like to break it.

God is not the same thing as religion. I hate religion, I love God, and I am not a self contradiction. Not that I hate the bible, the bible is God’s wonderful speaking. I hate religion.

Religion is not a form of God. It is something natural and human, not divine. It is not like the perfect, incorruptible God; but, throughout the ages, it’s become something corrupted. It’s focus is not God Himself but all sorts of other things. The church is divided into all sorts of sub-religions, each with their own beliefs. There is no oneness, and there is no Life. It’s no longer about God, it’s about doing good works. It’s not about loving God, but loving the soul life.

I can understand those who reject God because they probably confuse Him with religion, which is just an organization full of feel-warm-and-fuzzy philosophy and dead doctrine. It’s silly, and it’s not God.

An example of what God really desires is shown in the New Testament in Acts; believers simply gathered together in His name and making His name known. They were not so concerned with good works and doctrine, but with what God was really wanting; a corporate building, the church, that consists of all the believers being built together as one so that he could have a place to dwell for eternity. This is revealed in types and figures in the Old Testament.

God wants something so much deeper! He doesn’t want a bunch of good people in heaven, and bad people in hell. He just wants Christ to make his home in our hearts through faith. He wants believers who are one with Him and sustained by his Life like a branch is sustained by the life of the vine.