A Letter to the Devil | Teen Ink

A Letter to the Devil

April 21, 2011
By Anonymous

Hey Satan!

You've been bugging me a lot ever since I turned 14. You've tempted me to lie, cheat, disobey and underestimate my worth. And know what? You've succeeded a whole lot too!

Well I've got some news for you, mister, although it shouldn't be. I happen to be a child of God. I belong to him. This body of mine, while broken and bent, is His. Ooh, ouch. Did I hurt you? Let me say that again. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, untouchable to you, mister. You can just bug off. I am a sinner who has received salvation at the hands of God almighty and there is nothing, NOTHING you can do about that!

Yeah, there have been times when I've listened to you. I've listened to those filthy little lies you and your henchmen whisper in my ear. Unfortunately, I melted that ring in Mount Doom when I first accepted Jesus as my savior, and no screaming, or tempting, or beating on me is going to change that.

I am a princess. God is my Father King, Jesus is my brother and friend and the Holy Spirit lives in me so you can tell your thugs to pack up and go home! This is land that you will never conquer! I am his. His. HIS! You think you're so smart. You think that every time you make me sin, I'm giving myself away to you. Well bucko, you're so wrong. What makes you think you have any right to this girl?

Jesus Christ died and rose again and he ground your face to a pulp and booted your sorry little butt right out of my life! You're a groveling, whining pup, and you don't deserve to even look the glory that radiates from his face. You're living in darkness, and you will be burning in Hell forever in the end.

Oh, you're just hating me right now, aren't you? Hate away, hate all you want. I do not and will never belong to you. Get out of here, Satan. I am a tabernacle of the Lord. Jesus' blood covers me. You can't take him. He destroyed you. And you know it. You know it completely. Give up, Satan. You're done here.

Sincerely,
A child of Jesus


The author's comments:
My says it even better every time I try to say that I'm not enough. She's right. Satan is so pathetic. My God, he's the King. I love you Jesus!