By Design | Teen Ink

By Design

I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.  I believe that He is the King of my life.  I have thought over this so many times I can't count.  He is my God because I have felt his hand on my heart, because he dried my tears, and because He died to save ME.

The closest I get to a denomination is Baptist.  That's the kind of church I go to.  I love being a Christian.  I have faith.  It's a small, timid, struggling faith, but what is faith?  Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we cannot see.  So I know I have faith.

The stories in the Bible are not made up, not to me.  They are real, and true, living and breathing.  They are the Truth and the Guidebook to life.  The Bible is not science.  I don't think you can hold it up as scientific evidence either.  Science is something man invented. Science is logical, and that's something God isn't.

And who says God needs to be logical?  That kind of defeats the purpose of GOD.  He's God.  He can do whatever he wants, but he does what is RIGHT, and PURE, and HOLY, and TRUE.  He is the Way.  I will follow him all of my life, and dwell in the house of the Lord forever.  I want to be the one at the end of time that is welcomed into heaven, I want to see the New Jerusalem.  It is going to be so beautiful, too beautiful for words.

I don't think that the universe could possibly have just happened. Just happened, randomly, out of nowhere. How often can you dump out the pieces to a puzzle and they'll all just be put together so that you can see the picture? That doesn't happen. Everything that exists looks like it was designed. And not by humans. Computers seem so complex, but I'm learning about the human body this year. Oh man, I though single celled organisms were complicated. I thought fungi were complicated. I thought the classification of animals was complicated. Those are all nothing compared the the body.

Take the immune system, or lymphatic system. Do you know how many processes there are attached to it? Lots. And they all have fancy names and detailed study in entailed to allow you to understand any of them. Or the respiratory system. Aerobic respiration is so complicated. All the enzymes and coenzymes and more fancy names of molecules and elements.

Then there the king of the body, the brain. My gosh, how does something like that evolve? Really? And the nervous system is so complex, I barely understand the surface that I touched upon recently. At the end of the chapter on neurons and neuroglia, my textbook says,

"We hope you have begun to develop a deep appreciation for the incredible design of your nervous system. The complexity of a single neuron and how it carries electrical signals is amazing enough. However, a single neuron can send information to other cells via synapses which can regulate that information do as to discard the unimportant details and keep you focused on the task at hand. Also, depending on how they are arranged, the junctions between neurons can condense several signals down to one, spread one signal out to many parts of the body, or sustain a signal long after the stimulus is gone. If you are impressed now, just hold on! In the next modules, we will discuss the CNS (central nervous system) and the PNS (peripheral nervous system) as systems in the body. That will really knock your socks off!"

Yeah. Like, wow. I had to read sections of that module over a few times to really understand at all what they were talking about at times, because everything is so complex! My mom pointed this out to me, "Even evolutionist scientists say that things are designed. Then they'll back up and say, well what we mean is, that through natural selection and time, theses certain systems were able to develop…" But they acknowledge that creation shows evidence of being designed!

For me, our world was designed by God. Unfortunately, due to sin, it isn't the perfect place he created it to be. He wanted this to be a paradise for us, and Adam and Eve destroyed that chance. However, we can experience a much better life in Jesus, and when we die in him, we have the second chance to live forever. That's awesome.

I'm so sorry that some people feel differently. It does seem like there is significant evidence for evolution being a real thing. And it's true that creationism has plenty of problems, but so do all theories, including evolution and the Big Bang.

God is so real to me, I just wish he could be as real to everyone else.

This is my feelings on the subject, please comment on what you think. I'm very interested in others' views.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado

Oh and thanks for your comment on Atheist's Defense. 

Although I can't see any problem with Creationism and it's not a theory, not if you believe in God anyway.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado
Great opinion piece. Sorry I didn't get to reading it sooner. It's not so much about how articulate you are either, it's about the message and emotions behind the words and you can definitely fee that in this piece.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

No, but God created logic and science, meaning He can defy them.

Lilliterra said...
And God made science too. Science is not against God.

Lilliterra said...
I agree with a lot of this... but I disagree with the part where you said God is not logical... what does that mean? Because God invented logic, like He invented everything else. Logic is a way of getting to the truth, and truth is part of God's nature. There's no reason to say God is illogical.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Mar. 30 2011 at 8:53 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Another great article! And like I said before, adding Bible verses and references would make even more powerful! :)

MadMouse GOLD said...
MadMouse GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

'The only things worth doing on the weekend are completely pointless and wastes of time."

That is one awesome article...I totally agree with you!