I'll never be like you. | Teen Ink

I'll never be like you.

December 22, 2009
By Anonymous

No matter how hard you try, you can't hide that disgusting smell on your clothes. That repulsive odor that I catch when you walk by. It smells of lies to her and one night stands of which I am too "holy to understand". I won't spit game at every woman that walks by in a tight shirt, I refuse to make "getting lucky" a priority.
Unknown to you, it's impossible to have sex without having sex with someone else. That someone else is nothing but a body to you. You've traded her self-confidence for trash, for a surge of beauty that lasts one night long and depletes with a crash.
I'll never be like you. I'll never take advantage of any woman. Women were made to be counterparts of men, in the garden of Eden so many years ago, and I won't take it for granted and I won't undress her with my eyes like you do. I swear I will treat her like royalty, or at least the best I can do. I swear I will never hurt her, physically or mentally. I will be better to her than you were. I'll never do the things you did to her. I want her to feel safe and loved and know that Jesus is the source of my love.


The author's comments:
My absolute worst enemy? Guys who don't appreciate girls as human beings.