Doubt | Teen Ink

Doubt

By RayRay7870 BRONZE, Monroe, Wisconsin
RayRay7870 BRONZE, Monroe, Wisconsin

When we doubt ourselves we must… not get discouraged. We must push those feelings aside and prove to ourselves and those who push us down that we are worth the fight, we are worth the pain and suffering, we are worth the love.

Many people doubt themselves  everyday. They ponder whether or not they are worthy of anything given to them. They wonder whether or not they deserve to be loved, to be happy, to be who they are. Many people are even told that they are not worth anything and are put down by other people. Don’t listen to other people. You are worthy of everything you receive. You can be anything you aspire to be. Dream it and believe it. You are worthy of becoming something more. You are worthy of life, happiness, love, and anything you want. Don’t worry about what others say. Don’t worry about what others deem you. You are who you are. You don’t have to be anything other than who you are and what you want to be. Don’t ever doubt yourself, because you are worth it.

Well, first off I was just doing an assignment for my creative writing class, but then it hit me hard during class. I felt worthless and stupid. I felt like the good reviews I get for certain pieces of writing weren't worth anything. I felt like I wasn't worth anything, not even friendship. Then my teacher told me to write about what I was feeling, and so I did.