Cake Shop argument | Teen Ink

Cake Shop argument

December 8, 2017
By AngelXVega BRONZE, Wilmington, California
AngelXVega BRONZE, Wilmington, California
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Choose Kind"


Hello. My name is Angel O., I am thirteen years old and I am fighting about the Cake Shop argument. After reading several articles about the issue, I think it's safe to say that I'm on the gay couples side. From the articles I've read,  this piece of text pissed me off, " I respectfully declined to create a custom cake that would celebrate a view of marriage in direct conflict with my faith’s core teachings on marriage." He refused to make a wedding cake to a gay couple's marriage. To Jack's response about when he is asked why he decided not make the cake he said, " I don’t create cakes that celebrate Halloween, promote sexual or anti-American themes, or disparage people, including individuals who identify as LGBT." He's saying that he doesn't make cakes on either of those occasions because it is against his religion(Christian). This angered me and I had to do something about this issue. So I am going to post an article on Teen Ink to let everyone in America to hear what I got to say. Here is the link to there website: https://www.teenink.com/forums/regular.

 

If not that many people read my article that I will post a YouTube video taking about the issue and sharing my opinion why they should care about the matter. So I DEMAND that everyone will be on my side about the issue and let their forces be heard.


The author's comments:

While researching my topic in history class about a issue that the Judical branch is doing, I came across the Cake Shop arguement. I read the articles about the issue and I got upset that this man rejected the gay couples request because celebrating gay marriage is against his religion. That got me pissed to write a article.