Cake Shop argument | Teen Ink

Cake Shop argument

By AngelXVega BRONZE, Wilmington, California
AngelXVega BRONZE, Wilmington, California

"Choose Kind"

Hello. My name is Angel O., I am thirteen years old and I am fighting about the Cake Shop argument. After reading several articles about the issue, I think it's safe to say that I'm on the gay couples side. From the articles I've read,  this piece of text pissed me off, " I respectfully declined to create a custom cake that would celebrate a view of marriage in direct conflict with my faith’s core teachings on marriage." He refused to make a wedding cake to a gay couple's marriage. To Jack's response about when he is asked why he decided not make the cake he said, " I don’t create cakes that celebrate Halloween, promote sexual or anti-American themes, or disparage people, including individuals who identify as LGBT." He's saying that he doesn't make cakes on either of those occasions because it is against his religion(Christian). This angered me and I had to do something about this issue. So I am going to post an article on Teen Ink to let everyone in America to hear what I got to say. Here is the link to there website: https://www.teenink.com/forums/regular.

If not that many people read my article that I will post a YouTube video taking about the issue and sharing my opinion why they should care about the matter. So I DEMAND that everyone will be on my side about the issue and let their forces be heard.

While researching my topic in history class about a issue that the Judical branch is doing, I came across the Cake Shop arguement. I read the articles about the issue and I got upset that this man rejected the gay couples request because celebrating gay marriage is against his religion. That got me pissed to write a article. 

L.eyylaa said...
L.eyylaa,
I agree, because it's not right that the baker denied their request. Like why is making a cake so bad... he could've just made the cake, and move on with their lives.

"Choose Kind"

Hey teens, thank you for voting my article. It is now #6 on the top voted social issues/Civics Articles. Thank you all! Be sure to look out for some other pieces of work in the furture. :) Maybe a poem or game review.