A Message to the World | Teen Ink

A Message to the World

By sophiajv16 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
sophiajv16 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, & self-control. Against such things there is no law." -Galatians 5:22-23

We are all people. Whether you are white, black, or yellow we all fall under the category of living human beings. If you are bigger, smaller, taller, or shorter you are just the same as everyone else, because we all have one thing in common. We all want to be accepted, and loved. Gay people, transgender people, women, and men. We all unite on the face of the Earth fighting for what we want and believe in. But society poses a threat for all of our battles, taking them in reign and bashing them down, leaving everyone feeling worthless and exposed. The raw image of man kind depicts a person who feels just as lonely as the other. However, everyone can change and override the differences of this botched society. No matter what happens to you, rise above. Nobody has it all figured out, or right, or perfect. You are unique and special. There is a spark inside of you that can light up a thousand lighthouses, and make other people’s days better. You are important. Society will try to ruin you, but don’t let it. Put a smile on your face everyday, live like it’s your last, and show the world that you are proud to be you. 

This is a social issue that is one of my main concerns. In school, we are writing about social injustices that matter to each of us individually. I chose this because everyone has felt that they were not enough at least one day in their lives. I hope to change that feeling and let the world know that life is supposed to be full of joy, and that every situation does not have to be tragic. I hope this changed someone's view on life.