The Shattered World | Teen Ink

The Shattered World

October 2, 2015
By m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
11 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You never know until you try!" -author unknown


We live in an shattered world.  It seems to get worse every day.   Just today a man went into a college and killed nine people because of their religion.   The Taliban just took over a city in Syria and the Islamic State Group is rapidly advancing. 


It’s not just in the Middle east anymore, our police officers seem to get shot every day  and so much violence right near our homes because of people hatred of each other.  Are we about to lose our freedom? 


As a teenager I am concerned.  No, I’m not a majorly into politics but I do try to keep up with current  events and what’s going on scares me.  It scares me because if it’s this bad now how much worse is it going to be when I’m trying to raise my children.  When  I’m my parents age will we still have our freedom.


There is so much going on in our government  that anymore it’s hard to believe and government official  because of their broken promises that they made when we voted for them.


As the next  generation we must be aware of what’s going on.  No, we can’t run for president, or become a congresswoman right now but we can stand up for what believe.  We should try to involved as much as possible.  Whether it writing letters to representatives  or just reading the newspaper we need to know what’s going on.   And someday we will be the presidents,  the law enforcement,  and the leaders of America!