Wasting food, is like killing a life | Teen Ink

Wasting food, is like killing a life

By Swag27 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Swag27 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

"Always trust your self".

Wasting food, is like killing a life !

W-A-S-T-E

Why are you wasting food anyways? To start off, wasting food isn't good at all. I mean, the point of wasting food is…, there is none. All over the world there is hunger. When you throw your food away, it goes and stacks up in the dumpster and bam! POLLUTION. Don’t take a lot of food, if you are not going to eat it all. Just like your eyes are too big for your stomach. I know that feeling where you think you're going to eat it all, but you’re too full. I know that feeling where you eat too much and you can’t finish. I know that person, it use to be me. But now I’ve stopped, I take what I can eat. I think about the starving kids around the world before I take so much food and not eat it all.

A third of the world's entire food supply could be saved by reducing waste or enough to feed 3 billion people. Children, they are the most visible victims of undernutrition. 1.5 million people die from hunger each year. Do you know why? It is because of the food that is being missed.

The true meaning of hunger is a feeling of discomfort or weakness caused by lack of food. We all know what that means. It means that you don’t have anything to eat. 24 to 35% of school lunches end up in the bin. Even in school, I mean come on now.

“If everyone in the world chose to live like your average North American, it would require four Earths to produce all the necessary food” says Professors Benton. Which means that there’s not enough food for everyone around the world. “ I would give out cans of food if I was able to” says Kyle Mercado. This shows how important it is to our experts and shows how much they care about it.

Would the world stay in poverty because of the waste of food? Well, we all hope that doesn't happen.

In my opinion, obviously I don’t want to waste food. I know it’s hard to stop wasting food but, you just have to try it. If you try it, it will save one life or multiple. That same food that you’re wasting maybe good for others, mostly third world country. If you throw your food away, than it is disrespectful to the needy.

SO STOP WASTING FOOD.

-Stephen