Live and let live | Teen Ink

Live and let live

By marchbutterfly GOLD, Orange, New Jersey
marchbutterfly GOLD, Orange, New Jersey

"When you play God, you get screwed."

How hard is it really to just let people live their own lives they way they want to? It shouldn't be that hard but apparently it is. People just find it hard to butt out of other peoples lives and instead choose to go ahead and make laws banning religion in schools, gay marriage, free expression ect. based on purely moral reasons. How is that fair? Morality is simply a subject code used to judge right from wrong and should in no way be used to determine our laws and certainly not to determine our government. Isn't the United States of American founded on the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And who is it for I or anyone else to interfere in someone's pursuit of happiness if it is not hurting anyone?

Atl.Braves03 BRONZE, Tampa, FL, Florida

God is God and I am not
I can only see a part
Of this picture he's painting
God is God and I am man
I will never understand
Because only God is God

True, we are founded on freedom, but that doesn't mean that we can do whatever it is we like. Morals are important because without them, our nation will fail just like every other nation throughout history that has abandoned morals. I do agree with you that people should be given freedoms, but only to an extent. That would be anarchy.

Sometime we need to determine law pertaining to moral subject because if we didn't people would go around murding other people. Do know how much it would destroy our country if we let people competely regulate their own lives? This country would be anarchy. So, yes we should let people live their lives but only to a certain point.