My Own Declaration of Independence | Teen Ink

My Own Declaration of Independence

March 4, 2019
By eg0914 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
eg0914 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Drama has been an attribute of the world for posterity. When the time comes when a person becomes exasperated from the intense drama of everyday life, they should part ways with it and have suitable reasons to support this decision.

Drama has been present in my life for as long as I can remember and it has become a very normal part of my everyday routine. I believe that Creator has intended on us humans to reach a certain point in our lives where we have to part ways with drama. I am in search of happiness, freedom, and liberty in my life and drama has always held me back from reaching these qualities. My time of misery due to drama has reached its end. The history of drama and I’s relationship is one full of infringement and tyranny. To prove my above statements, the following facts shall serve as a testimonial archive.

It has bestowed upon me a feeling of continuous stress.

 

It has caused me unnecessary loss of friends.


It has clouded my judgement and made me do heinous acts against undeserving others.


It has made others form a warped perception of me and who I am.


It has dug up old habits and incorporated them into my everyday life.


It has made me distance myself from the people I hold dear.

I have taken extreme measures to save myself from useless drama. I have tried and tried again to defuse and drama that happens around me. It’s to no avail. Drama has a tendency to follow me. It has seriously affected my social life and I don’t see an end to it anytime soon. To prove my above statements, the following facts shall serve as a testimonial archive.

I have tried to separate myself from troublesome people. I have tried to ignore drama whenever it occurs. I have tried to stop gossip within my group of friends. I have tried to have sufferance when it comes to the topic of drama. I have tried to tell others to ignore drama and be the bigger person.

I, therefore, declare my independence from all drama. I feel as though this has been long overdue. I would to divorce drama as peacefully and as easily as possible. Although, if drama comes and seeks me out,I will not hesitate to fight against it to uphold the ideals of this document. I will, by all means necessary, protect my newfound independence from drama. No one will tarnish my brand new freedom, liberty, and happiness.