If I Were Mayor of My Town... | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor of My Town...

By hrid_13 SILVER, Whitefield, Other
hrid_13 SILVER, Whitefield, Other

"I love my country better that my family , but i love humanity more than my country ."

-Felcon

Indians of course want change to take place , they want things to happen but not everyone is up for the change , not everyone contributes for the change , thinking India being a big country , nothing can be done individually , but some paced forward and made several efforts to make a change . Its important to know that everything starts with a base , no matter how successful it is . Every candidate standing in elction have their own views .I have my own visions too , visions to make India a safer place , visions to uplift the down , visions to see India growing and soaring up high . But changes need time , changes can'tbe made overnight . Inida is a big country , she needs people to put up their ideas , work together to help her rise .

Patna , one of the cities of India which needs a great amount of effort to be on the top . Its a sure thing that one person can't make changes alone , unity becomes becomes an essential weapon at this point . Since a few past years , education is noticed to not be treated with enough respect . Of couse I am not saying that we need to replace all the already established schools and institutions with the new ones , why not add few more schools and institutions not at all based on profit but based on good education service at affordable fees , with practical learning ? I would have done it if i were the mayor . And in hostels , better quality and quantity of food must be served , main motive being to serve the future of my town. 

As the population is growing there is need for more job oppurtunities , affordable housing - these things are needed and the most important thing is healthcare facility. As of health reports of 2011 , Bihar was seen to have the most number of death rates due to poor healthcare provided. I believe health to be the most important thing to do anything . Being a mayor , i would set up healthcare facilities . But just setting it up won't help , the people residing in slum areas must be aware of these , i would make sure that they know about these facilites. Population won't grow without these things .

Garbage on roads is another problem in Bihar which requires to be fixed  . My plan regarding this is creating landfills and at certain distances keeping dustbins . Another problem is bad road conditions . To meet our goal , betterment of roads is needed , essentially the roads on which school buses and ambulance move . What about traffic ? Traffic is another major problem . To think why traffic has increased in Patna , the answer is becase of excessive vehicles , too many vehicles that it's really hard to manage . What i would have done is provided public vehicles such as buses at low fares across the city . For sure do public vehicles cause less pollution and saves fuel.

Now talking about Indian military , they have already proved that they have been making our country a better place to live , making us proud . Their job , their efforts , their talent is truely incredible . Keeping all these things in mind , according to me military people and their families should be treated with free food service in public restaurants . As they protect us , they surely desrve something in return. Discount must be provided to them on certain things . 

Having an opinion is different than making it true , but if I were the mayor , I would have tried making these certain changes so that everyone can agree safety , education and a brighter ! future .

This essay is to enter in the contest "If i were the mayor of my town..." .

In this essay , i will be focusing on the problems of my country , India , specifically about a city called Patna situated in Bihar , India .