Make America Defiant Again | Teen Ink

Make America Defiant Again

By kvnoreilly01 BRONZE, Toms River, New Jersey
kvnoreilly01 BRONZE, Toms River, New Jersey

"Power is not alluring to pure minds" -Thomas Jefferson

As of lately, I have started to write opinion pieces that will likely absorb large amounts of hate. My goal is to educate and build bridges between all of us who have been harmed by this broken system that paves a clear road to tyranny, which is odd since this is the only road I see being paved. Jokes aside, this 4th of July, I invite you all to stand by me and many other fellow patriots in attempt to make America defiant again.

We have become a submissive population. We no longer face our issues like the intelligent beings we are and ask for government to find us a solution, which never works. We are labelled treasonous for speaking out against horrible abuse that our political system has welcomed into society as a part of everyday life. Our troops go overseas, sacrificing everything because they want to make their families safe, but come home to be forgotten and discarded like a tissue. Looking back, it is safe to say the terrorists won if their goal was to take away our freedom, because we are no longer free, but free* (terms and conditions may apply). These politicians deserve a cage in hell and to see the dead faces of all those whose death resulted from their lust for power. We need to let them know this, and to realize we are being used.

Step up Gen-Z. The previous generations put us in a gridlock that makes progress to being a free people impossible. We must rise in nonviolent civil disobedience. Purposely bomb standardized tests such as the infamous PARCC, don’t stay in dangerous situations just because it’s against state/local curfew to leave, don’t censor yourself because other people aren’t mature enough to hear what you have to say. Stand up to this injustice being done to all of us, not just my generation that is full of potential and you. Just don’t further this system that has been destroying our individuality for decades. Speak up, and make America defiant again.

This is my call to my generation and all readers that we are no longer a country shaped on our founder's principles. Obediance is not American, and we must rise to smash the status quo. This is a Liberty v. Authority situation, and I am calling you all to further this cause in attempt to save our future from being as bad as it will be if we follow the road we are going. This isn't a political move per se, but more of a cultural movement to inspire a new wave of intellectuals who follow their own drum, and not the drum of the empire.