Single Sex Education | Teen Ink

Single Sex Education

Parents are forcing their children into single gender schooling. Single gender schools can in fact lead to gender stereotyping, forcing children being people who they are not meant to be, and single gender schooling can in fact cause males and females to fear each other. Some parents and others may argue that single gender schooling helps with grades. In the past it used to be single gender schooling and not pairing kids with the opposite gender. There are many downsides of single gender schooling.

In the first two articles “What Are The Advantages of Single Sex Education and Statistics Show Benefits of Single Sex Education By Robert Kennedy” It's all about the good parts of single sex education and why it is good for girls and boys to be separated. In the first article “What Are The Advantages of Single Sex Education” it said that “Single sex schools while reduce gender stereotyping. Single gender schools can help boys be themselves. And, help them not worry about what girls think of them. In the article “What Are The Advantages of Single Sex Education”  it says “ teachers understand how to teach girls and boys differently. Another thing the article said was “What Are The Advantages of Single Sex Education”  said was “ Childeren will break out of stereotypes.” One of the last facts in “What Are The Advantages of Single Sex Education” “two high school districts are operating single sex classrooms with boys and girls. In the article. On the other hand the article says “people are foreign kids to be in single sex schooling.” The article also says “single gender schools help prevent tomboys.” The article also says “the socialism of a child changes.” The article also says children are subjected to an avalanche of pressure from every quarter to become adults before they're ready to. The article says “coeducational probably will not work, satisfying for everybody.” The article says “studies claims to show that girls from single sex schools have an edge over their coed peers.”

In the article what are the advantages of single sex schooling, the author shows many pros but as you dig deeper you find out that there are many cons in the article. One of the cons would be, parents are forcing their kids into single gender schooling. Another thing the article said is, “it helps prevent tomboys” which in some parents eyes that would be a good thing but in others eyes that means girls are not allowed to be who they want to be, or boys are not allowed to be who they what to be. It turns out that single gender schooling will lead to gender stereotyping. Which proves that single gender schooling does not improve help with decreasing gender stereotypes. Although some of the single gender schooling is a good thing. But I think that there may be some good things about single gender schooling but most articles will say that there is tons of cons for single gender schooling and most will say that single gender schools, indeed increase gender stereotypes. So just think do you want to increase gender stereotypes? 

In the articles single sex education is assailed in report written by By TAMAR LEWIN and in the article coed versus single sex education By Amy Novotney. Both of the articles go up against Single gender schooling and show why single gender schooling is bad for kids. In the article ‘Coed versus single-sex schooling’ the author says “What are we doing right now pretending that gender does not matter,” (page one). The article also has the fact that  [...] “ five year old boys brains look almost identical to a 3 year old girl's brain.”  In the article sex education is assailed in report by Tamar Lewin it says “A loud, cold classroom where you toss balls around, like Dr. Sax thinks boys should have, might be great for some boys, and for some girls, but for some boys, it would be living hell,” Dr. Halpern said in an interview. This may be true, but even for boys that may be horrifying and some girls might enjoy being able to throw stuff around. The article also says single sex education is ineffective, misguided, and may actually increase gender stereotypes. The article also says sex segregated education is deeply misguided and offended justified by weak, cherry picked or misconstrued scientific claims rather than by valid scientific evidence. It also says single sex schools reinforces sex stereotypes. The article also said that “when you're talking about separating students treating them differently, you want to do it in a way that's constitutional, and you want to make sure there is adequate justification.

Parents are forcing kids into Single gender schooling, can lead to gender stereotyping, forcing kids to be who they don't want to be, can create a fear between the opposite gender.  Although single gender schooling have some good side effects on kids, for example in the article, What are the advantages of single gender schooling by Robert Kennedy, it says “single gender can help boys just be themselves about what girls think of them.”  Why single gender schooling is bad for kids is because, Single gender schooling can lead to gender stereotyping. In the article ‘What are the advantages of single sex schooling’ by Robert Kennedy, the author wrote, children are subjected to becoming adults before they're ready to become. Which don’t most parents want their kids to become more adultish before they're ready to and become more mature more sooner than later in life. The author also says in the article ‘What are the advantages of single sex schooling’ said “studies claim to show that girls from single sex schools have an edge over there coed peers.

Parents forcing kids into Single gender schooling, can lead to gender stereotyping, forcing kids to be who they don't want to be, can create a fear between the opposite gender. 

Although single gender schooling have some good side effects on kids, for example in the article, What are the advantages of single gender schooling by Robert Kennedy, it says “single gender can help boys just be themselves about what girls think of them.”

Why single gender schooling is bad for kids is because, Single gender schooling can lead to gender stereotyping. In the article ‘What are the advantages of single sex schooling’ by Robert Kennedy, the author wrote, children are subjected to becoming adults before they're ready to become. Which don’t most parents want their kids to become more adultish before they're ready to and become more mature more sooner than later in life. The author also says in the article ‘What are the advantages of single sex schooling’ said “studies claim to show that girls from single sex schools have an edge over there coed peers.

Do you want to increase that chance of increasing gender stereotypes, or having the opposite gender fear the opposite gender. So just think do you want to be someone who increases gender stereotyping