Why aare we Scared to Live? | Teen Ink

Why aare we Scared to Live?

April 23, 2010
By mang9believe GOLD, Rigby, Idaho
mang9believe GOLD, Rigby, Idaho
19 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You were smitten with me. You were speechless to behold my beauty. You had never met anyone so fascinating. You thought of me every waking minute. You dreamed about me. You couldn’t stand it. You couldn’t let such wonderfulness out of your sight" SC


Dear Fellow Peers

What makes us fear growing up? What makes us not exceed our maximum potential? Is it that we feel threatened or inferior of other achievements? Or maybe it’s the fact that one day soon we will have to stop holding onto the past, we won’t be able to hide from our future and it’s growing’s. Whether your future occupation is a local gardener or a famous motor cross rider, you will be great at it because it’s who you want to be, and who you want to be in the future and what you want to stand for.
In high school we put up safety barriers around ourselves, because of the intimidation of having to be something more than an average high school student. For most high school seniors we have already had this realization come to us. So, now we are facing the coming winds, head on with a fearful heart and a courageous mind, both characteristics that we all should learn how to master.
As our cards are laid out in front of us it’s our choice to pick and play or fold and fail. It’s our choice to press forward to excellence or stay another average human being. A quote that hangs above my window makes the statement, “Life is what we make it. Always has been. Always will be.” With that phrase I strive to face every new day with a hopeful heart and optimistic mind, to be a new me and make a better world for myself. This is your life fellow student body, it is your choose to live and take charge, leaving fears and nervousness in the dusty tracks behind you. It’s your choice, no one else’s.

Fulfill your own destiny, chase after your own dreams and have them become a true reality to your being. Believe in yourself and find the personal strength that is screaming to be unleashed from within you, let it out and be freely you. Maybe than we won’t be in fear of growing up and becoming adults in the future.
Take chances and stop thinking and wondering to yourself what if, stop caring what the person next to you thinks, they don’t think and honestly I doubt they care. Do something, because you want to, because you feel the need to shout it out to the world, be proud of the accomplishments of being influential in a spontaneous way. You wait around your whole life waiting for something amazing to happen to you, but than nothing happens and you get discouraged with life, nothing is going to happen unless you make it happen.
Be happy and comfortable with who you are, walk with confidence and hold your head high. Because, after high school no one will stress with statuses, even if you dominated the top of the pointed pyramid or that you slummed to the crumbling bottoms. No one will care, because it doesn’t matter, it never did. Figure it out for yourselves; you’ll know it’s true as well. :)
Be smart and be courageous, stand out above the normality of our lives. Be you and be free.


The author's comments:
I wrote this for my School newspaper, we were doing a bucket list issue.