A better place | Teen Ink

A better place

April 11, 2024
By Anonymous

What would help TMS become a better place? While it's true that it might be expensive, we could make TMS a better place by adding vending Machines, harsher punishments, and making it more accessible.

 To begin with, adding vending machines could help students during class because some students don't get enough food at their house and they don't like the lunch for that day because they don't get any food. If we had vending machines, it could provide more options for lunch. If a student is hungry before class they can get a snack from a vending machine and eat in the hallway before the next class starts. Teachers can also use vending machines, if they're hungry or if they didn't bring lunch.

 Another idea would be: We need harsher punishments at TMS, because some kids do terrible things and the school just brushes it off and says it's nothing. when I see students that did something bad they keep doing it because they know that the punishment isn't harsh enough to make them stop doing it, and they just keep doing it for that reason and they abuse the school for that, If we had harsher punishments than students would stop repeating mistakes, think about their actions, listen to teachers and staff, and would stop breaking the school rules.

To finish it off, I believe that our school should be more accessible. I'm a peer mentor and I see that the Leep students have struggles to get around the school, because it is not accessible,  the wheelchairs are struggling to get through the doors, so we should have wider doors. The handicap button to open the doors are slow and don't keep the door open long enough for the students to get through. If our school was more accessible then students would have no struggles getting around the school, wheelchair users would be able to get through doors without struggle, and the handicap doors would stay open long enough for students to walk through freely. Though some people would say “ All of that is expensive” It is expensive although all the money spent would be going to a good cause by helping our community and helping our school become a better place for students, teachers, staff, etc.

In conclusion, we can help our school by adding vending machines, harsher punishments, and making it more accessible for everyone. We all want to make school a better place for everyone.