Quickly Fading | Teen Ink

Quickly Fading

April 24, 2019
By SabbyLynn1 BRONZE, Lee, Florida
SabbyLynn1 BRONZE, Lee, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This is the end of my Sophomore year in high school. In two very short years, I will be graduating and probably moving away from home. All of the pople that I know and love now will be leaving me and I will be starting a new life. Just saying this tears me apart, as I love my friends and family. They are the ones that I turn to when I need to cry or talk, or just laugh, and soon they will all be leaving. We will all be starting our own lives as adults in college, or starting our careers. This year has been a great year, and I cannot believe that I'm going to be a junior next year. I remember being in fifth grade, and thinking to myself, "I will probably die before I get to high school, its so far away." I feel terrified for the senior who are graduating this year. This is the first time that I have actually gotten close to some of them, and I will probably never see them again. They are moving on as well, and starting their new lives as adults, and will be leaving us behind for the real world, and then next year, the Juniors will be leaving us, and the following year, we will be leaving the freshman. Obviously there is always competition between the upper and lower classmen, but that is because we love them, and we have to give them a taste of what we got when we were their age. It's almost Junior year, and I still feel like a freshman, how is that? I remember when we all thought we were cool in seventh and eight grade and now were learning how to drive. Everyone always says that high school is the best four years of your life, but how can that be if everything I know and love is quickly fading?


The author's comments:

This is to the senior class of 2019! Good luck out in the real world, and come back for all of us, we love you and will miss you! This is also for the freshman, class of 2022, soak everything about high school up, because once its gone, its gone for good, and you can never get this time back.