The One and Only | Teen Ink

The One and Only

January 16, 2019
By MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California
MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah Winfrey


High School students should study people who break the rules but do great things.

In our era right now we need to inspire and motivate students to be activists,and accomplish the impossible especially the injustice and how the criminal system is.

Tupac Amaru Shakur was born in 1971 the Harlem neighborhood in New York City son of a former black panther advocate Afeni Shakur, the name Tupac came from a revolutionary peruvian man, growing up Tupac went to Baltimore School For The Arts where he learned about the issues in society and his poetry, also becoming a young activist. Later Tupac had to move to california due to his mother's drug addiction with crack and prison,being in California taught him “The Game” then he started writing poetry based on his experiences there.


High School Students should study Tupac because he was an activist, students need to recognize him because of his T.H.U.G L.I.F.E movement which made a difference of some sort in his community Tayannah Lee Mcquillar states” To love black people required doing all within one’s power to urge them to stop hurting each other with drugs,guns,violence and family disruption”. In Tupac Shakur book, Tayannah Lee Mcquillar is saying Tupac urged black people to stop with the T.L code.This means that Tupac did more than just music and and poetry but took time to make a difference with his platform, the 26 rule T.L code is meant to curb black on black crime which is still relevant on movies like The Hate U Give.

   

No one was amazing at what they do in the beginning that's why examples are there for, students should study Tupac because he learned to be a great rapper from examples. LL Cool J helped Tupac became an amazing rapper because he learned and manifested the manner and speaking style from LL Cool J. Michael Eric Dyson States “ He liked to season this presented figure of himself with mannerisms and styles of speaking borrowed from his biggest idol, the quintessential New York figure LL Cool J,Dyson is saying that Tupac was able to understand and recreate a style of speaking and mannerism from his idol making him better at his rap game.


Growing up Tupac’s youth wasn’t easy because of the struggles and the challenges he faced that changed his future the author states”Tupac was distressed from homelessness”.In the Tupac data set , the author is saying that his high school career was cut short by his mother's drug addiction and not having a father to help with it and the trauma and hardships,this means

That even though Tupac went through all of this, he was still able push through it and accomplish all these music phenomenon by the age of 25


Students need to study people like tupac in our era,not only can some relate to his  aspect of growing up but also attracts the student to the topic about Hip-Hop in general in today’s time

where it plays a big role in the music genre,also their is just more to him being a rapper and activist, looking beyond that is his  idealism that made him unique and stand out from others.


The author's comments:

Tupac is one of the most infliential rappers out there period.