Educator of the year | Teen Ink

Educator of the year

By LaFrankie111 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
LaFrankie111 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

To nominate for educator of the year I chose Master sgt. I chose him for many reasons and for the many things that he has done to contribute to his role that he has now. You’ve got to hear about his class and about the way he teaches. You’ve got to hear all the inspirational acts that he does that inspires me to not only be a better person but to be a better leader.

In his class we learn about things like leadership and what it takes to be a better leader. He shows us strategies to become a good leader and what we need to do to be one. He teaches us self defense so that if it were to ever come to that situation, we would know how to protect ourselves. In his class he teaches us about preparing for college, he gives us fallback plans so that we will succeed in life and he sets us up to be better people. We also learn about military science like the general orders of the sentry because we are going to need them for when we dump things like go on watch. We learn about the ranks of the Navy, and we get ranks ourselves. We do pt on Fridays, and it’s fun. We start with morning stretching and move to the activity of the day. This helps keep us in shape while we are having fun.

Another reason that his class is my favorite is because of his personality and who he is. Master Sgt is a retired Marine with a great sense of humor and a great sense of pride for who he is. He actively engages us with activities and makes sure that every person participates. He is a fun guy who likes to joke around, but he also likes to get the work done which is something that I admire about him. He has fun with us while making sure we understand what we are doing so we get the work done. He likes to tell us stories of when he was in the military, and he shares his experiences with us. He makes sure that the class is never boring and that we are engaged in the activities that are taking place. He never just has notes up on the board, he speaks to the class so we don’t doze off into space, and he gets us to learn things. He is a good teacher in the way that he does not teach like any of my other teachers, his style is unique, and I find myself engaged and aware of what is going on in the class where in other classes I find myself sometimes slipping away from the conversation.

The third reason for him being my favorite teacher is because he inspires me to be like him. He is a polite man who has manners and that carries a long way. Everyone I talk to, who knows him, always has something good to say about him. I want my reputation to be as good as him, and I want people to respect me the way they respect him. I learned a lot of things in his class that I use out of school. He inspires me to try my hardest in school and to get ranked up so that I will show that I care about my grades and how I am in school. He is a role model to me, and I look up to him I want to have life experiences like him and be respected like him. He shows me how I should look and the grooming standards I should have. One thing that I noticed about him is that he is always dressed in his uniform and is never looking sloppy, he is always looking sharp, and he is the perfect example of how you should wear the uniform. He is an example of what I want to look like and how I should act, and I am grateful to have him as my teacher.

In conclusion, being in Master SGTs class is a big help to who I am as a person now. He has taught me what it means to respect the military, this country, and the flag that we pledge to every morning. He taught me how I should look at all times and how I should respect those superior to me. I learned a lot of things in his class and will use them in school and out of school. He taught me how to defend myself and I will always be grateful to have him as my teacher. For all of these reasons I am nominating him for educator of the year.

About my teacher