Is Social Media Is Social | Teen Ink

Is Social Media Is Social

By NABOSA.NABOSA BRONZE, FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan
NABOSA.NABOSA BRONZE, FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan

Last week, I went with my friends to a restaurant, and they sat all the time on social media they didn’t talk to me. This shows how too much social media is really bad because it takes you out of the world. It seems to me that a lot of social media doesn’t help us to be social because you are always busy checking what is going on in social media.
“Many people get used to visiting social networks as soon as they have a free moment” (why social media networking is bad for your mental health). Some people do not enjoy their food because they are taking pictures to post on social media. Similarly, when you go with your family to the park, you are not going to have fun because you’re sitting on social media and taking pictures to post in snap chat. In addition, when you are at school, and the teacher explains something for you and you , you are going to miss something important because you are not paying attention.

Also, one day, I was sitting by myself at home, and I was checking my social media. I saw people went to a party and I said, “why am not at this party?” On Facebook, I saw a girl had a beautiful dress, and I “said why don’t I have a beautiful dress like this one?” . I was really mad and sad. This is another example of how social media can be bad because it can affect your mood. You start to compare with your friends and feel depressed because you are not doing the same things they are doing. I am sure that there are other people that have felt the same way.
Some people say social media is good because it helps us find a lot of information and you can be in contact with people in different countries. This is true. However, we should not use social media all the time because that wastes our time “Some experts say they worry that teens spend so much time interacting with each other on social media and phones that they are growing less comfortable with in person interactions and not developing essential social skills.” (teens are spending more time consuming media, on mobile devices).Because social media is bad you have to set a time to check social media. For example, you can check social media an hour a day and the other hours you can sit with your family and friends doing good stuff together or reading books. Thus, all these reasons show that too much social media is really dangerous and bad for our social life.

My name is nibras,I'm a high school student,I wrote about this topic  because its big problem in this world now,And people don't pay attention about what happen around them.Specially teens.