Moving On- Impossible? | Teen Ink

Moving On- Impossible?

By @99_shootingstar GOLD, Singapore, Other
@99_shootingstar GOLD, Singapore, Other

We make choices but sometimes, choices are what make us.

How easy is it to move on? The answer varies of course because no one is similar.

When you have gotten hurt numerous times, you naturally think that it’s in your life to be hurt. You think that you are bound to get hurt by every single friend you have. No matter how close you are to your friends, occasionally you will get bad thoughts about them. If they leave you one day, what will you do? You can’t stop them because everyone has their own right to live their own life.

The thing is, you keep holding on to them. You hold on to the memories; whenever you walk past that diner you used to hang out together, you will think back of the times you spent there; sipping milkshakes,  talking and laughing , basically just enjoying each other’s company. You sit on your bed and strum your guitar and memories of you two singing along to your favorite song come to your mind.

You can’t get rid of them; at 3am you can be thinking of the good old times. How a smile can convey a message no stranger can decipher because you guys are best friends for a reason. Waves of nausea will come crashing whenever you think of them since you know those times will never repeat. You keep on telling yourself that the friendship is history but do you register that in your mind?

Besides, haven’t you heard that memory is gold? Its precious and you know you won’t forget about them. Their ghost of your friendship will be by your side forever, haunting you at every waking hour.

The one and only thing you can do is to keep those memories and try your best effort to move on. Push those memories back and focus on your present. Don’t let them dull that sparkle in you, instead let it allow you to shine in your brightest glory. “A star shines the brightest in the darkest of nights”. Treat it as a new start for yourself.

Flip open to a new chapter of your book and start writing. They are just meant to be in one chapter of your life and not your life. Maybe that’s God’s will, where you both are meant for better things.

Make new friendships. Don’t have bad thoughts. Trust yourself and your friend that you both will keep the friendship going. Every friendship takes two hands to clap, don’t make them ever think you are no longer worth their time. Cherish them, shower them with care and treat them as your siblings because they are indeed your sisters/brothers from another mother.

As quoted, “Moving on doesn’t mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living.”

if they are meant to be in your life, someday they will come back to you