Baggy Skinny Jeans: In Or Not? | Teen Ink

Baggy Skinny Jeans: In Or Not?

By Garnet BRONZE, Frederick, Maryland
Garnet BRONZE, Frederick, Maryland

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight."

I'm pretty sure you all have seen them. You know, the boys who walk around with the skinny jeans on. I have nothing against boys who rock the skinnies, nothing at all. But I do have a problem when a growing number of boys feel the need to make skinny jeans baggy. This is where I draw the line.

As if it wasn't (I should say isn't) bad enough that boys have been walking around with unusually large jeans hanging below their behinds, now they're trying to do it with jeans made to fit you properly?? That makes absolutely no sense to me, and it really baffles me that this trend is increasing in popularity.

At my high school, I'm a freshman girl. It's absolutely ridiculous to see the amount upperclassmen, let alone the freshman strutting around my school with skinny jeans hanging way too low to even be considered as a piece of clothing that's on all the way. What scares me is that our future generations think that this kind of attire is appropriate to go out into public with. I was told this: if you really respect a person/people, you'd dress appropriately around them. Translation? If you really respect someone, dress appropriately. You wouldn't like it if your dad or male principal came up to you one day in red baggy skinny jeans, so don't dress around them like that.

Someone had to say something abour this. I see it way too much in school and around my city, so I decided to use the power of words to get my message across.