Finally Rich: An Album Review | Teen Ink

Finally Rich: An Album Review

By jalvarenga BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
jalvarenga BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

Keith Cozart, better known as Chief Keef, reached the peak of his rapping career when he dropped one of Chicago’s most popular albums—Finally Rich—back in 2012.  This Chicago-born rapper released an album now know as a classic, not just in Chicago, but across the nation. The album holds some of Keef’s most famous hits: “Love Sosa”, “I Don’t Like”, “Citgo”.
“Love Sosa” is well known for its 45 second spoken intro, especially among teenagers who, still to this day, walk around repeating the lyrics from this songs intro. “If I catch another motherf---er talkin’ sweet about Chief Keef/ I’m f***ing beating they ass.” There was even a video of a 16-year-old boy that went viral when he perfectly recited the intro word-for-word.
Chief Keef has been very influential among young people who simply are living life to the fullest. As he says in his song, “Understand Me”, “Who gives a f***, we don’t care bout nothin’ fam!” Referring to the rap label he created in the summer of 2012; Glory Boyz Entertainment (GBE). Capo, Lil Reese, Fredo Santana, and many other Chicago-born artists apart of GBE spend their time making countless tracks similar to Keef’s. Aside from GBE members, Chief Keef also works with other well known rappers like Lil Durk, Gucci Mane, Lil Bibby, etc. While each rap has a different style, they all work together and make great hits. Anything by or featuring Chief Keef is bound to make heads nod and speakers scream.
Although he’s been making music for a while now, Keef still manages to incorporate his original style into his newer tracks. One of his newer albums, Thot Breaker (2017), has a bit of a modern twist when it comes to the beats and rhythm of the songs, but he still keeps it hood and “3hunna” (Finally Rich, 2012). Other Chicago rappers can’t even come close to Keef’s legacy. He also has no problem calling out anyone who tries to get on his level. As he says in his song “Hallelujah”, “And if your boyfriend wanna be like me, tell him get on my grind.” Of course it would be hard to for anyone else to make songs that go as hard and flow as great as Chief Keefs.