My Top Ten Favorite Albums | Teen Ink

My Top Ten Favorite Albums

March 26, 2019
By Landon_Maggard12 SILVER, Seymour, Tennessee
Landon_Maggard12 SILVER, Seymour, Tennessee
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Rap is just to me very annoying. - James Hetfield

You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored. - Cliff Burton


There have been many great Rock and Metal albums through the history of the genre. Many of these stick out more than others, and have been praised by critics and fans. I am a lifelong fan of these two genres, so I am going to rank my ten favorite Rock and Metal Albums.   

WARNING: Some of the songs I mention are some bit vulgar, so, please, look up the lyrics if that is a problem.

 

10. Avenged Sevenfold- Avenged Sevenfold

The self-titled album was released in 2007. It is best known for tracks like Critical Acclaim, A Little Piece Of Heaven, and Afterlife. My favorite song is A Little Piece Of Heaven; I would definitely recommend giving a listen to some of the songs.


9. Kill Em All-Metallica

The debut album of the band, released in 1983, is more thrash metal, and not like their other albums, but is still amazing nonetheless. This album has tracks such as Seek And Destroy, Hit The Lights, and Whiplash. This was a great start for the band. My personal favorite is Seek And Destroy. Again, I would recommend listening to a few of these.

 

8. The Razors Edge-AC/DC

The 12th album by rock icons AC/DC is best known for Thunderstruck, along with Moneytalks and If You Dare. The album was released in 1990, and is one of the top rated Rock Albums. My personal favorite is Thunderstruck. I am sure any rock fan would recommend this.

 

7.  News Of The World-Queen

One of the best albums by British rock band Queen has many of the most popular tracks. We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, and Sheer Heart Attack are among the list. This album was released in 1977. My favorite song on this album is We Are The Champions. This album is definitely worth the time.

 

 


6. Judas-Fozzy

The latest Fozzy album (at the time of writing) has many amazing songs. The song the album is named after, Judas being my favorite. There is also Painless, Burn Me Out,  and Capsized. The album was released in 2017. Anything by the band is great.

 


5. Nevermind-Nirvana

The album ¨Nevermind¨ was released in 1991. It has the band’s most well-known song, with ¨Smells Like Teen Spirit¨. Which happens to be my favorite song on the album, as well as my favorite song by the band. Also on the album are songs like Come As You Are, and Something In The Way. Once again, I think it’s worth a listen.

 


4. Metallica(Black Album)-Metallica

Releasing in 1991, the self-titled album was nicknamed ¨Black Album¨ due to the dark cover, and barely visible graphics (the logo of the band, and a rattlesnake). This album has what could be considered one of the best albums ever, with songs such as Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, and Sad But True. It is the best selling album by Metallica. My favorite from this album is Enter Sandman.

 


3.  Ride The Lightning-Metallica

Released in 1984, this is considered to be an inspiration to many musicians. Decorated with songs like Ride The Lightning(which the album is named after), For Whom The Bell Tolls(my favorite on the album), and Fade To Black.

 

2. Toxicity-System Of A Down

Being released in 2001, “Toxicity” became the most well-known SOAD album. It has many of the best songs by the band. On the tracklist is Toxicity(another song that an album is named after), Chop Suey!, Prison Song, Deer Dance, and more. My favorite song on the album is Chop Suey!.

 

HONORABLE MENTIONS

...And Justice For All-Metallica Favorite Song: One


Load-Metallica Favorite Song: King Nothing


Paranoid-Black Sabbath Favorite Song: Iron Man


1. Master Of Puppets-Metallica

The fourth Metallica album on the official list, this is, in my opinion, the definitive Metallica album, and was a gateway to future music. Master Of Puppets, Leper Messiah, Orion, and Battery are just a few of the amazing songs on the album. Master Of Puppets is my favorite song. If you have about an hour to spare, this album is a great time passer.

 

Final Note: My favorite SONG ever is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. However, I did not know how to fit in the album it appears on (A Night At The Opera). So it has a stand-alone section.