How to Believe Again | Teen Ink

How to Believe Again

By asalinda BRONZE, Egham, Other
asalinda BRONZE, Egham, Other

I used to think that if you love someone, as a friend or a love interest they were meant to be in your life and that they would stay in your life forever. I thought i love them and they love me back so nothing in the world could stop us from being together. I was wrong.

I read a quote on Tumblr one day. It said ‘’ as you grow up you understand that some people will always stay in your heart but not in your life.’’ This is the most realist thing i have ever read. There are some people that just come into our lives and change it. I don’t mean like in a magical way but they change it because you adapt to them. Slowly everyday you get to know them and they become a part of your world. You make time for them everyday and the boy who you had a crush on becomes the boy who you cannot live without. So what happens when the person that would stick with you through thick and thin suddenly leaves, he leaves so quick that you don’t even begin to process whats going on? Well that is the hardest thing because you have to change yourself back. Back before you met him, back before you made him a part of your life. You need to start and slowly erase everything that reminds you of him and that emptiness you didn’t feel before because you didn’t know what was missing starts to ache real bad.

I had someone in my life that i loved very much. I still love very much and the sad fact is he still loves me too but i no longer believe that love conquers all. Love is very important in a relationship but just because you love someone doesn’t mean you can be with them. I learned this the hard way. I still believe that we will find our way back to each other, i still pray and still hope. Even though i lost my belief that pure love is a magical thing and nothing can stop it i still believe that if two people are meant to be together they will find they way. It will take some time and maybe it will be very hard for you to wait and for you to continue but happiness will come again. At least i hope it does.