Disappointment | Teen Ink

Disappointment

January 26, 2014
By aepets GOLD, Rochester, New York
aepets GOLD, Rochester, New York
13 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
The lion fell in love with a lamb


We all have a relationship with one of our parents. Maybe some of us don’t or maybe you love one parent and you dislike the other. I dislike my dad. I would say hate but everybody says to me you can’t hate your dad he made you. So what that he made me. He gave my mom a sperm and that is it. My parents are divorce and sometimes I hate talking to my dad or seeing him. All he has ever done to me is disrespect or disappoint me. But don’t you notice parents are a loud to disrespect you but when you want to disrespect them you get a lecture.

My grandma starts saying he is your father and you need to respect him. In my head I am like you know nothing about the pain he has put me through. You don’t know the trust problems I have because of him. I don’t trust people because my dad would always break that trust. My dad formed me into the person I am today because he has caused so much pain and hurt. I sometimes want to yell at the top of my lungs and scream you are not my father. A father would not cause hurt or pain in their daughter’s life. But I know if I do that, he will start yelling at me and I will start crying. In the end it would be my fault. Since I am the child he has all the power but he has no power because he doen’t even know me.

If my father knew me, he would understand that if you yell at me I will hate you more. But who cares what I think? Who care that I am being disrespected and being disappointed every time I see him? Every time I look at him I think he is one disappointment. But then I think about the happy moments that we used to have and how now those are so hard to come by. I miss my old dad but maybe I will never get the old dad back. I will be stuck with a new dad who is broken and is not as better as the old dad was.


The author's comments:
Sometimes change is not always better. Sometime the old things are better.