What Love Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Love Means to Me

November 4, 2013
By FlyingKite BRONZE, Loveland, Ohio
FlyingKite BRONZE, Loveland, Ohio
4 articles 2 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Liar liar pantalones de fuego! -Phineas and Ferb


Love is caring for other people, through thick and thin, but also knowing that you are loved. If you love your partner, and you do not believe they love you, that is not a full relationship. Love is caring for your partner, and being able to relate to how they feel, and knowing what to say. Love is Physical and mental attraction, and you can't have one or the other. Love is having the strength to see through disagreements, and easily knowing your partner. Love is friendship, and partnership, and you can't have one without the other. If you are not friends with your partner, then you are only physically attracted. Friendship is the part of love that goes deeper than the body. Friendship is mental. Love may also be viewed in many different ways, friendship, family, physically, infatuation, fake love, and true love. True love is the top of the chart. True love is love at its best; it is physical attraction, mental awareness of your partner, friendliness and care for your partner, understanding, truth, grace, thought, happiness, and fun. Without all of these things, then the feeling experienced is not full, and not perfect. Not love.


The author's comments:
This was a prompt in my literature class, and I felt it would be nice to share it.