Loveless | Teen Ink

Loveless

October 16, 2013
By PortiaDawn GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
PortiaDawn GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
17 articles 6 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.


I wonder what it's like to fall in love. To only think of one person throughout your an entire day. to be so caught up in your own happines that the world goes blank. I wonder what it's like to fall in love. that doesnt mean i want to fall in love.
Love is a wonderful and beautiful emotion. It's also the one that brings you down the fastest and hardest. It's an emotion that come in so many forms and still hurt all the same.
I wonder how most people can just fall in love. And I wonder how others can so easily fall out of it. A lot of people try to block out the emotion, I can see why. They don't want to get hurt, they don't want to get used, and they don't want to waste their time on something that might not last.
But that's not why i don't want to fall in love. I don't think love is really around anymore. It's in almost every song, every book, every movie, and every show. I think it's used up. That is one reason why there is so much pain in society. Everyone is getting used up.
People say love is a powerful thing. Then how come people walk away from it so easily? i see it practically everywhere. I see it everyday. and it's not just in "couples" love. It's every type of love.
A father/husband leaves his wife and kids. A man cheats on his woman. Sisters fighting over a guy. Children pushing their parents away. Parents damaging their childrens trust in them. Friends fighting over things thats been held inside for too long. Then after everything is said and done, people just walk away and give up.
Love. It's just a four letter word to me now. But to others it has meaning. most people give up their life for this feeling. Other people believe they never experienced life, because they never felt it.
Some friends and family are really astonished that I feel this way. They say I'm to young to understand what I'm saying. I say age has nothing to with it. These days it's not about age, it's about experience.
I may not have experienced love and it's consequences, but I've helped others with theirs. Their tears, fears, anger, guilt, despair, lies, and self-hatred. I've helped them through.
I wonder what it's like to fall in love. Doesn't mean I want to.