Dating as early Teens | Teen Ink

Dating as early Teens

BalladOfMonaLisa PLATINUM, Na, Other

To love and to be loved; to hurt and to be hurt. These are the ideals that make up humanity. ~Me (Lisa)

So-called "dating" used to be a term that embodied true love, not the fluttering fancies that it now holds. It is when a couple go out somewhere together, and do something fun or interesting. At least, that is what it originally was. Now, the idea of it all has begun to disintegrate when children that are 12, 13, 14, and 15 are "dating." Do they have the experience to know that this is true love, and that it will last? Not only that, but what is dating to them? They don't actually go anywhere as an actual couple together. Half the time, their parents have no idea they are "dating" someone. For the most part, it only includes texting each other all the time, maybe holding hands or hugging at school... Is this real dating? I think not. I am not trying to offend those that "date" in such a manner, I am merely pointing out how this idea of early dating really isn't dating at all. It is pretty much just having a best friend. So why don't you call it what it is?

on Nov. 1 2013 at 12:33 am
Pargaran SILVER, New Glasgow, Other

"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

I agree comepletely! Finally, someone not going along with all this pre-teen dating crap! xD

on Nov. 1 2013 at 12:31 am
Pargaran SILVER, New Glasgow, Other

-Dr. Seuss

I agree completely!! Finally, someone who's not going along with all this.....crap. xD

Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Hey, Lisa! This is great! Also, I heard that you might be leaving the site?

on Jul. 8 2013 at 11:47 am
compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Expect to have hope rekindled,expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways! The dry seasons in life do not last,the spring rains will come again.

Nice thought to share. I agree with you.Hope you write more of your thoughts about this but i understand you were in a rush.