Dating as early Teens | Teen Ink

Dating as early Teens

June 25, 2013
BalladOfMonaLisa PLATINUM, Na, Other
24 articles 0 photos 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love and to be loved; to hurt and to be hurt. These are the ideals that make up humanity. ~Me (Lisa)


So-called "dating" used to be a term that embodied true love, not the fluttering fancies that it now holds. It is when a couple go out somewhere together, and do something fun or interesting. At least, that is what it originally was. Now, the idea of it all has begun to disintegrate when children that are 12, 13, 14, and 15 are "dating." Do they have the experience to know that this is true love, and that it will last? Not only that, but what is dating to them? They don't actually go anywhere as an actual couple together. Half the time, their parents have no idea they are "dating" someone. For the most part, it only includes texting each other all the time, maybe holding hands or hugging at school... Is this real dating? I think not. I am not trying to offend those that "date" in such a manner, I am merely pointing out how this idea of early dating really isn't dating at all. It is pretty much just having a best friend. So why don't you call it what it is?