Love. | Teen Ink

Love.

By kimby21 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
kimby21 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Mud on my jersey, Shins bruised, Sweat dripping No one said soccer was pretty but it's a beautiful sport <3

“Oh, you want a bite of my Chili Cheese Dog?”

“No, thanks”, I said awkwardly.

In my mind I was thinking if that was his pick-up line and I giggled. He had that look in his face, like if he did something wrong. We would change subjects and start to tell each other jokes and I would began to speak Spanish which he got annoyed with, but in a good way. He would laugh at anything I said even though he had no clue in what I was saying. Ever since then we began talking but not in person. It seems to me that he was shy because he never came up to me unless we saw each other during passing period. He had put a note that he had written in my sweater, love letters was all I got for a long period of time. I found that pretty cute. We started to grow closer and he would come to cheer for me at each one of my soccer games.
After a while he asked me out at Lollicup on February 21st 2012. I was glad he did and I of course said, YES! .I have had a crush on him for so long. We had become inseparable after that special day. All of a sudden we both felt a weird feeling when we were apart. It seemed to us as if we had some powerful love handcuffs with a mind of their own attached on our wrist. We both look down, and their they were. They appeared every time we were 10 feet or farther away from each other and would only unlock on its own terms.
It was difficult getting into class knowing my sophomore classes and his senior classes were away from each other. We tried to break the handcuffs apart but it was impossible. Our teachers didn’t understand what was happening. They had thought all this was a joke but when they saw how serious we were. They knew there was a problem. The solution to them was for us to be in the same class with two different teachers. The solution surprisingly worked.
“You two love birds are very smart; remember when things get difficult all you need to do is find a solution to solve the problem. My work here is done”, said the handcuffs.