Singles' Survival Guide on Valentines Day | Teen Ink

Singles' Survival Guide on Valentines Day

By idog00 BRONZE, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
idog00 BRONZE, Langhorne, Pennsylvania

A person’s relationship status is not their identity which means do not define yourself by relationship status. It’s okay to be lonely on Valentines Day. Single people can have fun on Valentines Day just as much as those in a relationship.

To solve your problem which is “What do I do on Valentines Day if I’m single?” is easy to answer with this Singles Survival Guide on Valentines Day. My number one tip for you is just do not define yourself by your relationship status because remember that your relationship status is not your identity.

“All the single ladies. All the single ladies. All the single ladies. Put your hands up,” that was one small line from the song “Single Ladies” by Beyonce. This song tells all the single ladies out there that it’s okay to be single, even on Valentines Day.

If you are a single women and you are stuck on what to do on Valentines Day, here are some ideas I suggest. One, plan in advance a place that you can go where there will not be those lovey dovey couples. Stay away from any restaurants, movie theaters, jewelry stores, or flower shops. Many lovey dovey couples will be there and you do not want to run into them unless you want to be sad at the sight of all the romance.

Second, get together with the people you love like family or friends. You can easily get through the pain you may have from being lonely on Valentines Day, and the people who are close to you the most can mend your heart and cheer you.

Third, throw a singles party and invite all your single girlfriends. It can be fun to be with all your single buddies on this day. It could create a problem though if one of your girlfriends starts to talk about the pain she’s feeling on Valentines Day by being single and then the rest of your guests could feel the same way. Just try to keep out the depressed singles you may know.

Fourth, if you are single and you do not want to be, start now and think about how you can find your dream partner. You could take up other activities such as, yoga, environmental clubs, volunteer work, or art classes. That will get you on the right track to finding the one for you.

Even though Beyonce or any other music artists did not write a song called “All the Single Men”, does not mean there are no single men out there. For all the single women who think that they are the only single people out there are incorrect. There are tons of men who are in the single department. Here are some tips for all you single men out there.

One, celebrate the fact that you will not be losing money from buying gifts for your girlfriend. By not buying roses, chocolates, or fancy jewelry for somebody will save you a lot of money. You can celebrate the fact that you will not be going into debt because you are buying all these expensive gifts for your girlfriend.

Second, buy a dozen roses and give them out to random women on the streets. The women you give them to will enjoy it. Plus, you will make those twelve ladies day. Maybe you could even meet a single woman who can get you out of your relationship deprivation.

Third, go out and hang out with your single guy friends. You can all despise the holiday together. And you can also celebrate that you all are saving tons of money. It’s just like having a singles party but it will be just for you guys.

Fourth, go out and meet other single women. You can join a singles program or just meet somebody at a club. I would not join one of those online dating services because those can e creepy because you do not always know who you’re talking to. It could be a creepy, guy being a fake lady. Join a singles program that plans events for you to interact with other singles while doing an interesting activity.

Back in elementary school, Valentines Day was all about getting Valentines Day cards with candy or making the coolest cards to give out, but in high school, Valentines Day is a lot more. It’s more about the meaning of love. Sadly there are single people and they do not know what to do.

Some people choose to be single and that’s okay. They do not define themselves by their relationship status because they know their relationship status is not their identity. You should follow in their steps. Even if you don’t want to be single you still should not define yourself by your relationship.

Whether you call it Valentines Day or Singles Awareness Day, everyone can enjoy Feb. 14. You just have to know what to do even if you are single.

Are you single then read this and it'll give you ideas on Valentines Day

idog00 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 4 2011 at 6:46 am
idog00 BRONZE, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
i dont have a boyfriend either so im probably doing this stuff on vday

eileentotheleft BRONZE, Los Alamos, New Mexico

"Perfectly perfect is fine (or so the story goes), but nature left all on her own will make the perfect rose." -Persnickity

The term "single" comes from writing invitations. Back in the dizz-ay, if you were with someone, showing up with a date is considered a "plus one" to whomever accompanied you. If you showed up alone, you were a single. :) jsyk.