A True Love Story | Teen Ink

A True Love Story

January 28, 2011
By BaByGiiRl BRONZE, Atchison, Kansas
BaByGiiRl BRONZE, Atchison, Kansas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything happens for a reason


What is being in love? In the dictionary being in love means to share intimate feelings with a boyfriend/girlfriend, to share hopes and dreams, to think about a future together, to feel passion, and to miss that person’s touch when it’s not available. My take on love is pretty similar to the dictionary. I think love is all about telling each other everything, sharing true feelings, missing him/her when he/she is gone, and having the feeling of falling in love over and over again, daydreaming of him/her, and feeling very happy all the time.
Chances are students reading this paper have probably never been in love before; however, adults reading this probably have been at least once. A few students and teenagers have experienced true love already which is not a very common thing; and I am one of the lucky few that know what it is like to truly be in love. My sophomore year I started talking to a guy named Patrick Moore. We talked for a few weeks and then he asked me out on January 9th 2010. This was very weird to me because three years ago I used to text him all the time but he would never text me back, and when we first started dating I never thought we would fall in love. The longer we were together the more feelings we started to develop. The feelings became stronger and stronger very fast. A few days into our relationship I found myself daydreaming of him all the time. It was often hard to concentrate on my work and pay attention in class because all I could think about was Patrick. As the weeks went by I found that I was a little more clumsy and forgetful than usual, and every time I would go to see him my heart would take off like a cheetah after a rabbit.
It was about three weeks into the relationship that we finally said the three most powerful words. I love you. When he told me that he loved me I knew that this was not like any relationship I have ever been in. I knew this time it was real and very serious. I told him I loved him to, after almost having a heart attack that he told me. Then on our three month anniversary he told me he had got a fish hook in his neck. I went to see him and discovered that he tattooed my name on his neck. That was another thing that told me this was no ordinary relationship this had to be true love. I knew it was because we frequently exchanged the words I love you, talked to each other all day and night, saw each other as much as possible, we even started talking about the future we could have together. Those are all definite signs of a true and healthy relationship.
I’m sure some people think that since I am only almost 17 years old that this isn’t true love it’s just an infatuation. True love is not and infatuation or an obsession. There is no age on love it can come at any time, any place, from anyone. Falling in love also gives a person a lot of inspiration and motivation. Love makes a person try even harder to reach goals and be successful in many aspects.
The third month into our relationship Patrick proposed to me. He didn’t have a ring but that was ok with me. I told him yes right away because regardless of what anyone thinks I know in my heart that I love him more than anything. I knew that saying yes to his engagement meant dedicating and committing my life to him and I know that is exactly what I wanted to do. Then on June 3rd 2010 Patrick and I were getting ready to go to the “Styx Foreigner and Kansas” concert. Before we went he told me to come with him not telling me where we were going I said ok, and jumped in the car. We went down to the Missouri River in Atchison, sat on a bench, and he began telling me how much he loved me and said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He got down on one knee told me he loved me and repurposed to me with the most beautiful ring in the world. I cried after he asked me and threw my arms tightly around him and didn’t let go. I knew that this was the start of the rest of our lives together.
Patrick and I have been together for eight, going on nine months now and we are pretty much inseparable. Every month we are together we celebrate another happy month and give each other a little gift. Neither of us have ever been in a relationship this long before and we know we will never be apart. We love each other very much and we always find ourselves talking about the home we are going to buy, the children we are going to raise, and the amazingly happy life we are going to live together. Every time we see each other we hold each other for a long time before we let go, even if we just saw each other yesterday. We both know in our hearts that we are going to be together forever and always. When we are together we are always smiling and having fun no matter what we are doing. We do everything together including, fishing, going shopping, going to family get togethers, and going out for fun. We even have fun doing things like picking up rocks and dancing through the house. Everyone can tell that we are madly in love by the things we do and who we make each other. We have both changed for the better a lot since we have been together and we are excited to spend the rest of our lives together, having fun every day, no matter the occasion, and we are so proud of each other for who we have become.
After reading all of this paper if a person still thinks I don’t know what being in love is all about then I guess they are just crazy. I believe everyone will fall in love at least once in their life and when that happens they will know what I am talking about when I say being in love is the greatest feeling in the world. A person will be happier and think have is a reason for getting up every morning and even going to sleep at night. Falling in love really opens a person’s eyes to the world and helps them to see the better side of life.

The author's comments:
I had to write this paper for english class. it is an extended definition.